PO: Fucked Up David Comes 2 Life Buy Early Get Now

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression they ship them to your house. At least that's what i got from it.
I was under the impression that they send the dub lp and the 7's to the closest record store near you.

I was talking to my brother and the best we can assume is that you order and pay and in a month the lp will just show up at the closest record store to you and then a month after the 7's will show there without any action on your part (meaning you shouldn't have to call your store to tell them you ordered the package)

That being said, this is the most retarded assbackwards, awful thing I've ever ordered. I basically feel like I threw 40 bucks in the air and now I have to wait 2 more months to see if I even get anything.

It seems like the Dbl. LP will ship to your home, and than I have no fucking idea where the 7"s we paid for will go. Maybe I should call Mad Platter's and ask them if they know anything about this shit beyond the little bit of info we get on the Matador site. Chances are, I'm going to cancel my order because I feel a nose bleed coming on.

Hey guys,

Mike from Matador here. Just want to answer all of your questions, in order.

LETSMAKEKILL: We have a mailorder with the BEGN option. Just visit matadorrecords.com/store on Tuesday 4/26 to pre-order and we'll ship the entire package right to your door.

If you're in the UK or EU, visit http://uk.buyearlygetnow.com/FuckedUp/Store/DII.html to order starting Tuesday.

JARED: The prices for OUR US MATADOR MAILORDER ONLY!!! are as follows.. please bear in mind that these prices vary by store and country. Again, this is only for Buy Early Get Now from Matador's mailorder store and they DO NOT include shipping:

CD + 4 7"es - $30

2xLP + 4 7"es - $35

TREVOR: No. If you decide to purchase online via matadorrecords.com/store, we will ship right to your door. If you pre-order at a brick and mortar store, you can pick up your CD/2XLP on June 7 and then return for your 4 7"es on June 28.

LARSENSTEINER: The UK/EU page will be live on Tuesday 4/26 and ready to take your orders.

JMAPETEUZ: See above.

JOHNNYBURMA: There will be two order options starting 4/26 on the Matador Store. You can select the Buy Early Get Now package, with the 7"es and digital bonuses or you can do a straight pre-order with just a CD or LP.

Whichever you order will ship straight to your door.

Any other questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Hope this clears everything up. Also, check out www.buyearlygetnow.com/faq

mike-matador

Email the dude, dudes.

Clearly, if you order the package through Matador mailorder you get the 7"s in the mail. You can order this from anywhere, it wouldn't make any sense to make people get to the nearest record store when it's potentially nowhere near you. The closest participating store to me is in Chicago, I'm obviously not going to drive 7 hours to get some records.

I ordered through Matador and it wasn't quite clear at any point whether the records are going to come to my house (preferable method) or I'd have to go pick them up (not that big of a deal). Will they do something where you can choose pick up or shipment closer to the actual release date?

Hey all,

Lots of questions going around here. First of all, if you've ordered (or plan to order) via Matador Store the packages will ship DIRECTLY TO YOUR DOOR on June 7 (CD or 2xLP) and again on June 28 (4 7"es)!

That's right. IF YOU ORDER ON OUR WEBSTORE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO ANYWHERE!!! WE'LL SHIP EVERYTHING... YES, EVEN THE 7"ES... TO YOUR DOOR!

You do not have to go to your local record store to pick it up.

The record stores that are participating are doing so independent of the Matador Store. Meaning, if you choose to order via your local independent record store, just stop in, purchase the package from them any time and then return to that store on June 7th for your CD or 2xLP and June 28 for your 7"es.

If you choose to do it this way, you MUST go home and log in at Buy Early Get Now immediately to ensure receipt of all physical bonuses.

The downloads that are happening now are non-album bonuses and the album tracks we've already released.

Starting May 10, we will make the entire album available for early download in four parts (one side per day 5/10-5/13).

As for this being the ONLY way to preorder on the Matador Store, that is simply untrue. When you go to our online store you can choose between the Buy Early Get Now package or a simple, straightfoward CD or 2xLP preorder.

I think I've answered most of the questions here and on various other boards but please, keep em coming if this isn't clear.

Also please use these links, as they outline in great detail every little bit of Buy Early Get Now.

Here

http://www.buyearlygetnow.com/faq/

and Here

http://www.matadorrecords.com/matablog/2011/04/26/fucked-up-buy-early-get-now-live-plus-digital-single-3/

and like Plasma36 says "Email the dude, dudes."

[email protected]

mike-matador

You guys are confusing the shit out of me.

I just figured all the records would be shipped to my house considering there isn't a record store near me. The nearest one is 2 hours away.

It seemed like a straight forward online order, it's just that second bullet point in the BEGN email that has me all fucked up (no pun intended).

Hey all,

Lots of questions going around here. First of all, if you've ordered (or plan to order) via Matador Store the packages will ship DIRECTLY TO YOUR DOOR on June 7 (CD or 2xLP) and again on June 28 (4 7"es)!

Thanks for the clarification. That was making my brain ache.

Also, if Matador will ship the LP and the 7's to your door whats the point of the BEGN?

Hey all,

Thanks for the clarification. That was making my brain ache.

Also, if Matador will ship the LP and the 7's to your door whats the point of the BEGN?

i'm pretty sure it's because you get the downloads of the music early. and the 7"s are exclusive to BEGN.

If anyone's interested, they have the mixtape #4 and shirts in all sizes back in stock in their store.

http://fuckedup.bigcartel.com/

Just received a package from these dudes. They dropped 5 7"s in a large envelope with two pieces of cardboard: no tape, nothing secured--the contents just jostling around. I'm amazed everything isn't ruined.