Solid Effect Pedals?

@sublimedo These pedals look crazy, the salty love explosion and internet (Pron and gewgle switches...) are ridiculous haha. I wouldn't mind trying a few out, hell if nothing else a lot of them just LOOK bad ass let alone how they sound. Also I'm definitely interested in the EHX freeze, especially after looking up their demo video of it but I have more important basics to pick up before I think too hard about getting that.

@Jared I know how you feel on the job situation, my town is piss poor in anything decent. I'm actually really interested in the RC-2 now. I don't know if I'd use it much but I used to listen to Ratatat and just think, how the fuck are only two guys doing all this? Guess I have a general idea now.

@controllthebleeding Damn. That Ekko 616 is KILLER. And cheaper than I expected. I was originally thinking of going with a Carbon Copy for a second higher end delay but the Ekko destroys it and for the same price. In addition to having the true bypass/buffer button the fact that you can actually access the speed and depth pots right there on the front of it without having to open it unlike the CC completely sells me on it.

I completely forgot to ask if anyone knows of something solid for doing reverse effects. Every time I hear reverse guitar (especially like on You Are The Conductor) I can't help but want to toy around with it. Are there moderately priced pedals that are specific to just reverse? I know a lot of the high end delay pedals can do it but I don't need to end up having 3 delay pedals.

@controllthebleeding Damn. That Ekko 616 is KILLER. And cheaper than I expected. I was originally thinking of going with a Carbon Copy for a second higher end delay but the Ekko destroys it and for the same price. In addition to having the true bypass/buffer button the fact that you can actually access the speed and depth pots right there on the front of it without having to open it unlike the CC completely sells me on it.

it's the bests analog delay for the size and capabilities in my humble opinion. if you want a great delay in general, eventide beats everyone, but that thing is for the pros who know what the fuck they're doing.

[image]

This is a solid reverse delay. Really cool sounds but not really that practical. My buddy has one and it's a lot of fun to mess around with but I could never really see using it for anything other than "noise" parts or swells. Still a sweet pedal... I think they go for around $100, but that was a few years ago.

I love Danelectro stuff.

"stuff" is a pretty good word for what they make.

And yeah, I have a huge boner for that freeze pedal. I've needed something like it forever. I don't see too many videos of people fucking with it and actually doing much useful or interesting. I use it pretty heavily though, especially just playing guitar and singing solo. There are a million and one things you could do with it.

I'd also really love a zvex lo fi loop junky. It just seems like it would be right at home with my guitar playing. If I ever find one used, I'll probably be all over it. I know there are people that will say there are more versatile, cheaper loop pedals...but this one seems like it would be perfect for me.

I'd love an Egnater Rebel 30 amp, too... I played one in a Guitar Center and really just fell in love with it, playing a guitar with P90s. It seemed just right for me...it's a relatively affordable amp, too. I hope I can get my hands on one, eventually. Damn priorities.

Lastly, as long as I'm going on about "dream gear," I'm pining for a Rickenbacker 330 with a mapleglo finish. Now that I have a really nice acoustic, and have acquired 2 of my other favorite guitars, I'm drooling over these.

I'm trying to overhaul my pedalboard. If any of you are interested, I have the following for sale:

Boss DD-20 Delay - $150

Boss RE-20 Space Echo - $155

Crybaby Wah - $30 (really nicked up with a scratchy pot)

Really would like to put a blackout effectors Musket and a Malekko ekko 616 on my board.

I have one pedal, an mxr carbon copy, and I can't figure out how to make it sound cool. Never been an effects guy.

I usually crank my pedal's regen and delay then leave the mix about 10 o clock for distortion then turn the mix up more for clean. I like my delay really dragged out and spacious but that's just me.

fuck the pedals i wish i had a peavey t-60 or 15. love those guitars.

I forgot to mention, I am actually interested in getting a board for as cheap as that place has them (as long as they're well made), I just don't need it right this second. Do they have a site or is it just something I'd have to work out through you? Like I said I shouldn't need anything bigger than a board that holds 5 to 6 or 7 pedals, most being average or small sized.

fuck the pedals i wish i had a peavey t-60 or 15. love those guitars.

I forgot to mention, I am actually interested in getting a board for as cheap as that place has them (as long as they're well made), I just don't need it right this second. Do they have a site or is it just something I'd have to work out through you? Like I said I shouldn't need anything bigger than a board that holds 5 to 6 or 7 pedals, most being average or small sized.

Go to rhondo music and chk out their pedalboards. Theyre decent for price. Or u can make one from a ikea gorm slate and a slab of wood. I have a pedal train but I paid 3 times as much as one on rhondo.

i had never seen anyone use it, as most of the time they would just use a looper. which i think i might need to get at some point

are you talking about the zvex or the freeze?

for delay I use an MXR carbon copy and I love the fuck out of it. I got a pretty good deal on the craig lists for it.

I wish I had money for a bunch of cool ass catalinbread and red witch stuff, too...but alas.

Don't really understand the Boss hate. I still have the original Metal zone pedal and it is one of my favs.

I don't mind Boss, I'm probably going to get a DD-6/7 used from guitar center for the reverse just because it's the cheapest option other than the danelectro back talk and wasabi but those just look too stupid for me to really entertain the thought of having on my board haha. (Speaking of that, if anyone here wants something but can't afford it, check for it used on the guitar center site, they usually have stuff a lot cheaper and there's a full refund guarantee on whatever you get (30 days I think?))

I'm not the biggest fan of Boss stuff design-wise (EHX aesthetically is where it's at) but they make solid gear nonetheless from what I've seen.

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is two years old but I figured I'd dig it up for the sake of being a gear nerd now that I've actually managed to get some stuff I've been looking at and learned how to use it pretty well. In the months over the summer I was absent on here I managed to put some money aside and got some cool new toys.

Line 6 UX2 A/D Interface (hoping to trade this in towards a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 soon)

Shure SM57

Shure SRH440 Studio Headphones

Alesis Elevate 3 Reference Monitors (nothing even remotely special but they get the job done)

Epiphone SG Custom Prophecy (gift from a friend technically)

And to bring this back to the original topic of the thread, the pedals I've grabbed so far:

66C7mzz.jpg

EHX Big Muff with tone wicker, EHX Grail Nano, TC Flashback delay, TC Arena reverb, Ernie Ball VP Jr Volume Pedal and last but definitely not least a Strymon Timeline. Saw the Timeline in a picture Hammock posted on Facebook and decided to check it out. Wasn't expecting the $450 price tag but now that I have it I completely understand the price. I haven't even begun to use this thing to 10% of it's potential, there's so many parameters to tweak, it's absolutely insane. Hoping to go back to them and get their Bluesky reverb once I can put $300 aside for it. I'd highly recommend every pedal in this picture except the holy grail. It's okay at best but I really only use it because it has a 100% wet signal and I use it to take attack and detail out of my sound for smoother swells and drones.

Just need to get a tuner (looking at the TC polytune) and a compression pedal and I'll be satisfied for at least a while. I'd still like to get a looper as well as an EXH POG and one more delay to use only ping pong for as a kinda dedicated stereo expander but those are mostly on the backburner for now.

So, who else has picked up some cool gear recently?

I wish I had that kind of cash. I have a few pedals I write stuff with, the most notable is probably the Lastgasp Art Labs Super Oscillo Fuzz 88. For full effect, you need an expression/CV pedal, but damn does that thing make magic.

There's a Guitar Center literally right beside my bank where I live right now (moving next week though) so I'd go deposit my paychecks, then immediately make the money disappear haha. There's such a thing as too convenient. Also, hadn't heard of that pedal but dang, it looks nice, both sound and design-wise.

There's a Guitar Center literally right beside my bank where I live right now (moving next week though) so I'd go deposit my paychecks, then immediately make the money disappear haha. There's such a thing as too convenient. Also, hadn't heard of that pedal but dang, it looks nice, both sound and design-wise.

I couldn't do that. I love gear too much and I generally have good self-control, but temptation would get to me. 

And yeah, I love it. It's a little too high-ticket for me, but one came up on eBay a while back and I negotiated with the guy and I got it for about half of the normal price. I love it.

I also swear by my EHX - LPB1 booster. Pretty handy to have on board. I also use a boss dd-6, but I have my eye on 4 or 5 other delay pedals. For overdrive I have one of those (now overpriced) MXR Classic Overdrive pedals. I also have a few other odds and ends that I toss in the mix whenever I am bored.