New TWDY Young Mountain Pressing.

but that's just the thing...is the demand that high? There seems to be copies of this all over the place still, readily available.

I actually bought the red that came out awhile back. My only copy of the record. Nothing against you guys for pressing a great record at all, just not seeing the need for it right now.

Perhaps my local market is just flooded.

you do realize that people outside of your town buy records too, right?

Yeah no shit. I'm just speaking from my own perspective. It's rare to find many good albums around here so when I see one that's consistently in stock I make note of it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you see the record "everywhere," then yes, we are doing our job as a label.

And gravemistake/Alex can attest first-hand (he used to work at my distributor), that record is CONSTANTLY in demand and we have to constantly repress it to keep up with the needs of stores. We've even had orders on hand exceed what's in inventory and stores have to wait for each repress to catch up. It goes fast.

Also, I don't spend record sales money on jeans and rims and shit. I spend my licensing and scoring money on all that. Record sales money tends to go right back into pressing records since distributors pay every 90 days, etc.

If you don't care about collectors, why go through the trouble of pressing five different colors in a single new pressing? Let's be realistic as to why this multi-color trend has become so popular.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I probably won't be purchasing these, as I have horrible (personal) experience with this label.

"Be a dick, and you'll be treated as one."

Despite not digging that one post by MBR I have ZERO complaints about them otherwise. Good music, good prices and good customer service. I've also bought a bunch of MBR stuff from their eBay auctions and they are typically amongst the fastest to ship. This is a label run the way labels should be despite this.

I think if I were running a label, I'd have a little less snark in my interactions with people, but when it comes down to the product and issues with that product, I can't find a single fault. Outside of the tone in some of the messages, I agree with just about everything I've seen/heard/read about the label doing.

And listening to the new album on vinyl, I'm bummed Suicide Squeeze was in charge because it sounds like crap on one of the sides, and I've never had a MBR record sound poor.

Again, people are more than welcome to start their own labels and run them exactly how they think a label "should" be run. If you think kissing "collector" dork ass on messageboards yields sales, you're welcome to try it that way for your own business. We'll see if you can pull it off for as long and prolific as this one's been around while attracting the same caliber bands.

Magic Bullet comes from a very specific time and place where there were very specific outlooks on very specific things that the purveyors of the label still embrace. Many of these things aren't around or are just simply lost on the current majority of "record collectors," so it's entirely possible we're simply not the label for you. I'm fine with that if you are.

Again, people are more than welcome to start their own labels and run them exactly how they think a label "should" be run. If you think kissing "collector" dork ass on messageboards yields sales, you're welcome to try it that way for your own business. We'll see if you can pull it off for as long and prolific as this one's been around while attracting the same caliber bands.

Magic Bullet comes from a very specific time and place where there were very specific outlooks on very specific things that the purveyors of the label still embrace. Many of these things aren't around or are just simply lost on the current majority of "record collectors," so it's entirely possible we're simply not the label for you. I'm fine with that if you are.

mos def the one for me! bought two variants and six other things. killed me with the $5 LPs

I think if I were running a label, I'd have a little less snark in my interactions with people, but when it comes down to the product and issues with that product, I can't find a single fault. Outside of the tone in some of the messages, I agree with just about everything I've seen/heard/read about the label doing.

And listening to the new album on vinyl, I'm bummed Suicide Squeeze was in charge because it sounds like crap on one of the sides, and I've never had a MBR record sound poor.

This, on both accounts. Brent is more or less telling the straight truth, regardless how his tone is. I have three(?) MBR records and they all sound great.