PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

From their newsletter:

First off, I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business Gold Rush. The tests have finally been approved and sound terrific. The 180 gram copies will sound even better. Those are headed off to be pressed soon, but first there is one issue to address. We had a bit of a delay because, well, there is currently a shortage of red vinyl. By shortage I mean it's totally unavailable. "Big deal, my record isn't red!" you might say. True, but you might have ordered a maroon copy. While maroon does look pretty cool, it is one of the most difficult colors to make. Red is one of the elements of the mix, and that is where we ran into a problem. It wasn't even the pressing plant's fault, this goes way up the food chain. We waited a bit to see if anything would change and red would become available and we could go ahead with things as planned, but that didn't happen, so we had to adjust.

Here's the deal: If you ordered the swirl, you are now going to be getting a clear with blue and yellow splatter. Yes. Multi color splatter. If you ordered a maroon copy you will be getting a blue/gold/green swirl. We think these look just as nice, if not better, than the original plans. With red missing in action, we had to improvise, and then we changed things up so things weren't too similar across all variants. We're sorry for the wait, but if I had a massive pile of red vinyl, I would have gladly donated it to the cause. If for some reason you think these new options sound terrible and you just don't want the records anymore, send us an email and we'll get you a refund. We are looking at these being good to go in 2-3 weeks and then they will be sent out to you guys right away. We'll have a handful of contests for test pressings soon, so keep an eye out for those.

Can someone explain to me how one can extrapolate the physical content of the test pressing upwards to create a better sounding record on 180 gram? Because that sounds like BS.

they're out of red vinyl????? is that even possible? to be out of man made artificially colored pellets? Dan Andriano's solo album was pressed on guess what... red vinyl and there are probably wuite a few more records coming out with elements of red in it.

odds are this douchebag can't afford to press the "clay maroon with gold marble" variant he originally wanted and is placing the blame elsewhere. either that or the plant had no clue what "clay maroon with gold marble" is and this douche couldnt pull his head out of his ass to explain it to the plant.

they're out of red vinyl????? is that even possible? to be out of man made artificially colored pellets? Dan Andriano's solo album was pressed on guess what... red vinyl and there are probably wuite a few more records coming out with elements of red in it.

odds are this douchebag can't afford to press the "clay maroon with gold marble" variant he originally wanted and is placing the blame elsewhere. either that or the plant had no clue what "clay maroon with gold marble" is and this douche couldnt pull his head out of his ass to explain it to the plant.

Pressing plants run out of various colors of vinyl pellets all the time. It's doubtful he's making this up.

so now apparently they are pressing their original plan and going with that weird red scheme they chose, but the plant is still waiting on actually getting the pellets to press the records. how much longer is this dipshit going to delay this thing.

i'm willing to bet the next problem, aside from any more plant delays, will be he is waiting on the 50 or so hand written lyrics from Ace. with the reason being he decides to wait to have Ace write them till after the records are done instead of asking him to do it now while he waits for the plant to press the records. the hand written lyric sheet that cost about $15 will also probably be photo copied. with this douche keeping the original and sending out photo copies of it to all his chumps. oops i mean customers.

so now apparently they are pressing their original plan and going with that weird red scheme they chose, but the plant is still waiting on actually getting the pellets to press the records. how much longer is this dipshit going to delay this thing.

i'm willing to bet the next problem, aside from any more plant delays, will be he is waiting on the 50 or so hand written lyrics from Ace. with the reason being he decides to wait to have Ace write them till after the records are done instead of asking him to do it now while he waits for the plant to press the records. the hand written lyric sheet that cost about $15 will also probably be photo copied. with this douche keeping the original and sending out photo copies of it to all his chumps. oops i mean customers.

From my experience with ace, he is a good guy that means well but very hard to get in touch with and terrible with meeting deadlines so more than likely your prediction will come true. Again, good luck to anyone waiting on their records, prob will be awhile

Dude. As frustrating as this release has been, you're full of a lot of anger and cynicism. Back off a bit. There's no need for unfounded speculation and wild stories and rumors.

you seem to be criticizing him just as much as me dude. he has earned every bit of it. probably deserves more actually. nothing i said is far fetched. someone had to tweet him asking why their order hasn't shipped, all because he doesn't have a conventional, non public way to get contact him. so he's making all screws ups public knowledge.

Unfounded.

Unfounded.

Maybe stick to making commentary on official news and updates, rather than take shots in the dark. Just a suggestion.

As you may or may not know, we were planning on doing a last minute change for the color variants of Gold Rush. Originally, the supplier ran out of red wax, which was needed to create the maroon version, so we changed to an alternate color.

Turns out, we don't have to do that now, and everyone gets what they originally ordered! The supplier found some red wax that had been mislabeled, and we were immediately hooked up with it. Big thanks to them for that, and we're glad to be able to deliver what our original idea was. These are coming our way very soon, Ace is getting the handwritten lyrics together for the special edition, and then we will be sending the records out to all of you beautiful people.

- http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e85358b3b6148f16c63777727&id=fbbc8e0c23

Nips predicts the pressing plant burning down or that everyone's money gets stolen in 5...4...3...2...

As you may or may not know, we were planning on doing a last minute change for the color variants of Gold Rush. Originally, the supplier ran out of red wax, which was needed to create the maroon version, so we changed to an alternate color.

Turns out, we don't have to do that now, and everyone gets what they originally ordered! The supplier found some red wax that had been mislabeled, and we were immediately hooked up with it. Big thanks to them for that, and we're glad to be able to deliver what our original idea was. These are coming our way very soon, Ace is getting the handwritten lyrics together for the special edition, and then we will be sending the records out to all of you beautiful people.

- http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e85358b3b6148f16c63777727&id=fbbc8e0c23

Nips predicts the pressing plant burning down or that everyone's money gets stolen in 5...4...3...2...

1... and you're wrong