PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

which color option is that clear with the 3 color splatter?

the one that says has blue and gold in it

that is definitley it. but i don't think "riverside blue with gold splatter" should come out to be clear with piss yellow mixed with a little bit of baby shit and blue icee. that color really looks horrible.

when you look at them none of the colors look like what they were supposed to be and advertised as. "maroon clay with gold marble" came out to be maroon with black streaks and "gold rush yellow" came out to be orange. i wonder if black will actually be black. this guy really failed at pretty much every aspect of this release. willing to be quite a few people will be disappointed with this once they finally get it too, which is the biggest bummer about pretenious assholes like this running a business that releases music in some shape or form.

that is definitley it. but i don't think "riverside blue with gold splatter" should come out to be clear with piss yellow mixed with a little bit of baby shit and blue icee. that color really looks horrible.

when you look at them none of the colors look like what they were supposed to be and advertised as. "maroon clay with gold marble" came out to be maroon with black streaks and "gold rush yellow" came out to be orange. i wonder if black will actually be black. this guy really failed at pretty much every aspect of this release. willing to be quite a few people will be disappointed with this once they finally get it too, which is the biggest bummer about pretenious assholes like this running a business that releases music in some shape or form.

I admit I'm displeased with the way its been going with this release. As for color I actually enjoyed the "riverside blue w/gold splatter" and the way it looks. I don't care about what it looks like tbh. I'd rather it sound great (which I hope it does). I bought it for the music not the colors. Just my thoughts on it.

I admit I'm displeased with the way its been going with this release. As for color I actually enjoyed the "riverside blue w/gold splatter" and the way it looks. I don't care about what it looks like tbh. I'd rather it sound great (which I hope it does). I bought it for the music not the colors. Just my thoughts on it.

I live the riverside blue w/ gold splatter too. Can't wait to get mine in.

which color option is that clear with the 3 color splatter?

i just read his 'news' section.

this was posted:

Here's the deal: If you ordered the swirl, you are now going to be getting a clear with blue and yellow splatter. Yes. Multi color splatter. If you ordered a maroon copy you will be getting a blue/gold/green swirl.

it sounds like the record pictured is this clear with blue and yellow splatter he talks about instead of the swirl. BUT then more recently he posted this:

As you may or may not know, we were planning on doing a last minute change for the color variants of Gold Rush. Originally, the supplier ran out of red wax, which was needed to create the maroon version, so we changed to an alternate color.

Turns out, we don't have to do that now, and everyone gets what they originally ordered! The supplier found some red wax that had been mislabeled, and we were immediately hooked up with it. Big thanks to them for that, and we're glad to be able to deliver what our original idea was.

soooo....he's lying about everyone getting what they originally ordered? because he still had the clear with splatter pressed instead?

did anyone really expect anything less from this when you have a lying, pretentious douche running a business venture. his mission statement is something along the lines of "caring about every aspect of the physical release thinking that music deserves special treatment," but no where in there does it say anything about valuing customers, the people forking over their money to keep this ass afloat. if he actually cared about the people supporting him by buying this he wouldnt be lying through much of this process and keeping people in the dark for months.

it will sucks for those who actually ordered this, but it would not surprise me at all if he doesnt know how to properly package records for shipment and quite a few copies arrive beat to shit. also wouldnt be surprising if these sound like shit because they were pressed by someone who thinks records are for hanging on the wall or showing off to other to brag.

since it's a sunday these obviously won't be shipping out today, he just printed out shipping labels. let's see how long it takes this douche to actually drop these off at the post office.

Lol, you really hate this guy huh?

nips is an angry man....but most of the time he is right...this being one those times....

He's already giving away free copies of records. Good sign or bad sign?

"In honor of @thegraduate's final show, all remaining green/black Only Every Time and Limited Edition Anhedonia copies come w/ a blue OET."

I would say bad sign. That to me says he doesn't have the cash to ship alot of the packages out and or needs money for the other records hes already put up for preorder so hes trying to offer something so people will give him more money.

Judging by the variants currently available for each of this kid's releases, he only sells about half of what he presses. It's gotta be only a matter of time before this whole thing is defunct.

with how much he overcharges for both the vinyl and shipping, he is probably about even right now (unless he got totally ripped with production costs, which wouldn't be at all surprising)