PO: I Can Make A Mess - Gold Rush LP

I got banned from absolutepunk for dissent in regards to what he's been doing with this release. It's pretty ridiculous.

that is ridiculous, is he a moderator or something? I feel like that is unlike them to ban people for something like that although i rarely go on the forum and never really have

I got banned from absolutepunk for dissent in regards to what he's been doing with this release. It's pretty ridiculous.

i was just banned too, before i could actually go into that thread and say anything. i could post earlier today but now i can't do anything but read things. i was warned a while ago because he reported one of my posts criticizing him, but now i guess i'm out right banned.

by reading one of his posts in that thread he clearly kept tabs on every user over there that has ever had anything negative to say about him and/or his buisness venture. i won't even call it a label anymore. he has enough pull over there that he most likely told the people who actually run the site to ban all those users ahead of this announcement and ban anyone who harshly criticizes him from this point on. enough people over there worship him that he is basically Jason Tate Jr., where with one snap of the finger his bidding is carried out and whatever is spewed from his mouth is taken as gospel and he can do no wrong in anything he does or says. Tate Sr. even made a snarky comment in defense of this douche.

i hope everyone remembers the war Tate had with Scott that resulted in multiple users on ap.net getting banned for criticizing Tate as well as Tate getting his mommy involved.

They just announced his newest release over at ap.net and everyone is on his dick about it! It's hilarious to see all the love he gets over there and how much people defend him there! http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2343421

When I saw that, I called him out on not taking care of the Ace Enders release first and people's questions surrounding it, and he proceeded to lump me in a group of people who are "bitching" about how he runs his label...

i'm not going to defend the way he's dealt with this situation, but he's a solid guy and is not intentionally screwing anyone over. everyone has dealt with delays and poor handling of news. every label owner started somewhere.

Problem being that he's making dumb mistakes and acting like a) they're not dumb at all and B) he's a professional label head. I don't think he's stealing anyone's money, he's just an ass.

I know these beginners use preorders to cover the cost of production, but you should already have enough capital when you start a "business" in order to cover beginning expenses. Pre-orders for new "labels" are a terrible idea and good way to lose customers because these always go wrong unless done by bigger labels.

I still don't know which one is going worse the I can make a mess preorder or the Gatsby preorder. At least we got some live videos out of the Gatsby.

i emailed him about changing my mailing address since i thought i would have this already and me moving wasn't going to be a problem and i haven't gotten a response. it's been a few days and i'll give it a few more days before sending another email

I'd start worrying once he approves the test press.

haha he actually emailed back today saying that they would make sure it got to the right address so i'm good with them. still wish i had it already and that this guy was a littler more professional but there isn't anything i or any of us can do about it but complain. it's good to do that every now and then

• 2 weeks later...