Farewell Continental - "¡Hey, Hey Pioneers!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

What's ironic is that they started as a vinyl-only label in an effort to "reconnect physical art with music" or whatever, and now vinyl is the one thing they fuck up. Their packaging isn't even that cool anymore. The first few releases were pretty neat, like the Andrew Dost LP that folded out into a poster with the credits in a sealed envelope, or even the first Farewell Continental square picture disc 7". Now they're just another label that can't deliver on a simple preorder.

Ha, a band who has a release on P+P came through recently and totally ripped them too.

Guy 1: hey, we've got new stuff available at the table, or an old one that was put out... well I'll keep my mouth shut.

Guy 2: About what? How shitty that label is?

Guy 1: you guys didn't hear that.

Ha, a band who has a release on P+P came through recently and totally ripped them too.

Guy 1: hey, we've got new stuff available at the table, or an old one that was put out... well I'll keep my mouth shut.

A friend of mine posted on Rust Belt Lights wall on facebook asking what is going on with one of their vinyl releases. The band replied with something along the lines of "man, if you're frustrated, just try to imagine how frustrated we are", and that they haven't been able to communicate with P+P at all to try find out what the hell is going on.

What's ironic is that they started as a vinyl-only label in an effort to "reconnect physical art with music" or whatever, and now vinyl is the one thing they fuck up. Their packaging isn't even that cool anymore. The first few releases were pretty neat, like the Andrew Dost LP that folded out into a poster with the credits in a sealed envelope, or even the first Farewell Continental square picture disc 7". Now they're just another label that can't deliver on a simple preorder.

yeah, I'm not one to complain about a preorder taking too long like the rest of this board, as it's usually worth the wait. but man, that Dave Hause record they put out took forever, and it just looks like any other record, I was expecting maybe something along the lines of the Make Do And Mend "End Measured Mile" artwork or something....but man, just another record that took far too long to come out with pretty stripped down packaging

A friend of mine posted on Rust Belt Lights wall on facebook asking what is going on with one of their vinyl releases. The band replied with something along the lines of "man, if you're frustrated, just try to imagine how frustrated we are", and that they haven't been able to communicate with P+P at all to try find out what the hell is going on.

Same situation with the guys I mentioned, said P+P basically broke all contact with them. Not the same band though.

• 1 month later...
I just got off the phone with Blue Collar Distro, and apparently the record is finally nearing completion. We should be getting an email sometime in the next day or two confirming that the record's finishing up, and finally coming out.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I haven't heard back from my inquiry but hopefully it's the same message.

Just heard back from Blue Collar:

"We actually have some early news. The record company is apparently emailing us with an update today or tomorrow. Tentatively things are looking good for this to FINALLY be done. We don't want to make a public announcement until we know all the details, but I can at least tell you that much."

Sounds promising and is right in line with what Beardacus heard on the phone.