Now what exactly was my FedEx driver thinking?

Got home from work today with a notice from FedEx on my door that said they dropped a package off in the back of my house. The package was 300 Sink the Bismark 7" records from United. I can only imagine what was going through his head when he decided to put a 35 pound package with "Fragile" all over the box on the tin shelf of my BBQ grill...

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Who the fucked yelled at you for that?

the lady at the counter at the post office...

I should note that this was the same post office that suddenly lost the fact that my name was attached to my PO Box and started rejecting packages being sent there in my name and the labels name, even though I'd had it registered for a few years.

Really, the Fed Ex guy probably thought he was doing the OP a favor by saving him the trouble of having to pick the heavy package up off the ground, and it probably just didn't occur to him that the grill might not be able to hold the weight. It sucks but shit happens.

I guess the folks here at VC have never made a single mistake on the job, and believe that firing employees for all mistakes is the only suitable punishment.

Really, the Fed Ex guy probably thought he was doing the OP a favor by saving him the trouble of having to pick the heavy package up off the ground, and it probably just didn't occur to him that the grill might not be able to hold the weight. It sucks but shit happens.

I guess the folks here at VC have never made a single mistake on the job, and believe that firing employees for all mistakes is the only suitable punishment.

No commercials, no mercy!

It looks like he "tried" to help ya out by keeping the sorta heavy box off the ground, but not on a damn grill shelf. A big time failed attempt to try and be nice. At least right off the bat just for shipping through fedex your automatically covered by insurance coverage up to 100 bucks, unless you opt for more by declaring the value when you actually ship it out.