PO: TOUCHE AMORE "Parting The Sea..." Deluxe LP!!!

The joys of MEDIA mail.

Let this be an example of why people should choose other shipping options when available.

Thanks.

-J.

Mine was Shipped UPS ground. Nice try mocking me though, very professional.

Pretty sure he wasn't mocking you, just kinda saying that media mail sucks. I got lucky and mine came with only a slight corner bump. DW packed it very well, but media is the biggest gamble. I think UPS comes with automatic insurance so you should file a claim. It won't replace your damaged one, but at least you could get the money back.

[image]

IMG_0431 by bluedeni, on Flickr

I am glad I can be example for people to not use media mail. Next time you have a friend who is going to use media mail tell them they don't want to be a bluedeni;)

The record is actually ok. I have only been collecting for a year an a half and have over 300 records. Almost all have been through media mail and this is the first problem. I never knew media mail was so bad, guess now I know.

Mine was Shipped UPS ground. Nice try mocking me though, very professional.

Pretty sure he wasn't mocking you, just kinda saying that media mail sucks. I got lucky and mine came with only a slight corner bump. DW packed it very well, but media is the biggest gamble. I think UPS comes with automatic insurance so you should file a claim. It won't replace your damaged one, but at least you could get the money back.

No mocking, I was speaking to "Bluedeni", not you. I was only pointing out that MEDIA mail is terrible for the folks who continue to request it.

As for UPS, you can put in a claim with them regarding your damaged package. In many cases you can get your money back direct from them. Clearly what they delivered to you was damaged during transit.

Thanks.

-J.

I think distance has a lot to do with it, too. The further the record ships, the more hands touch it, the more opportunity for it to get banged up. I typically use media mail, and haven't ever had a major problem. But shipping from Boston to North Jersey is usually a 2 day turn around, especially from DW HQ. Maybe I'm lucky, or there are just decent postal workers between Boston and my apartment. It really bums me out to see records arrive like that. Like, people have to really TRY to care so little for a package.

By no means was I blaming Deathwish for the for the damage. I know it was the post office's fault. It was bound to happen sooner than later if you buy enough records. It just sucked it happened with something I can't replace. But the record is fine and the pages for the most part inside the book are ok. It really is an awesome release.

Got mine today. Such an awesome overall package and thankfully mine wasn't damaged at all.

I honestly can't believe that one picture from bluedeni just because of how thick these suckers are, not to mention how well they were packed. Oh well, shit happens I guess. I feel for you guys that got mangled copies.