Horrible Crowes

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard it, for a live version it sounds damn good! Very impressed, I've only seen GLA once a long long time ago and I do not remember their live set being this tight! The studio version of this song will be fantastic! I loved 59 Sounds but could not get into AS, I'm gonna spin it right now and give it another try! Really excited for Horrible Crowes, I'm really loving what I'm hearing from Fallon lately!

They have been awesome every time Ive seen them.

Stoked to see Horrible Crowes soon as well, Ill be shocked if that doesnt end up being a great show.

AS is definitely a great album, give it another shot. A lot of the Horrible Crowes stuff reminds me of track 4 off AS, The Diamond Church Street Choir.

Yeah, I just got to that song hahaha, I'm diggin the Bluesy soul feel to it! I'm expecting HC to be similar after hearing Hurricane and Black Betty, I cannot wait to hear the full version of Black Betty I'm loving this song! I'm really excited for this album! What's your favorite GLA song? What's your fav song off HC?

The only way I've been able to describe Gaslight's output is this sentence: They have written some songs that I've heard in my head for years prior to their release. I don't think there has been a 3-day stretch where I haven't put on The '59 Sound on (3 is a rather liberal choice too, haha). It was almost as if I've had copies of Sink or Swim and The '59 Sound my entire life.

http://soundcloud.com/user761012/the-gaslight-anthem-biloxi

HQ Live version of a brand new GLA song, SOUNDS SO FUCKING GOOD!

That version sounds very similar to the live at wireless from tripple J here in australia. If it is, it was recorded february 18(i think or 16th) of this year at the metro in sydney.

If you want to hear a little more from that show, there are 2 songs here( http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s3228955.htm). Or if you want to download the whole concert it''s REALLY easy to find by searching gaslight anthem live at the wireless in google

Thanks. I'll have to hit the noon sale tomorrow. I really want to catch this show. I haven't gone to a GA show since the last time they played Asbury Lanes but the Bowery is right at my office - I think this first show will make for a great night.

Yeah. I have a feeling these are gonna go pretty quickly since the Bowery Ballroom only holds 550 people.

• 2 weeks later...