FYI - CANADA POST STRIKE

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Canadian Union of Postal Workers announced Thursday that its members in Winnipeg would strike for 24 hours, then the strike would continue in other locations that would be announced later.

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/cab/abn/y11/m06/i03/s02

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3152488

The only provision I would add is that the postal union is one of the most militant in Canada, maybe anywhere. So even if they are only officially on strike in Winnipeg (CBC is now reporting that Hamilton is next), I wouldn't be surprised if members in the rest of the country are at less than 100% as well.

The only provision I would add is that the postal union is one of the most militant in Canada, maybe anywhere. So even if they are only officially on strike in Winnipeg (CBC is now reporting that Hamilton is next), I wouldn't be surprised if members in the rest of the country are at less than 100% as well.

You know since the announcement of this strike I have only received mail once which was yesterday!! And it was a huge bundle of mail!!! That is four business days without mail. I wouldn't be surprised if what you are saying ends up being the case.

• 2 weeks later...

as of June 15th they are on full stop =|

Fuck, I'm waiting for:

• [*:goye4o07]Adema - Insomniac's Daydream (shut up, it was an impulse buy)
    [*:goye4o07]Becoming The Archtype - Terminate Damnation
    [*:goye4o07]Blindside - With Shivering Hearts We Wait
    [*:goye4o07]Broken Circles Slipmat
    [*:goye4o07]City & Colour - Sometimes
    [*:goye4o07]City & Colour - Little Hell
    [*:goye4o07]Deadhorse - We Can Create Our Own World
    [*:goye4o07]Fidel Catastrophe - And The Bleak Shall Inherit The Earth
    [*:goye4o07]Giants - S/T EP
    [*:goye4o07]Giants / Beware of Safety - Split
    [*:goye4o07]Listener - Wooden Heart
    [*:goye4o07]SONOIO - red CD
    [*:goye4o07]Two Training For Utopia t-shirts
    [*:goye4o07]Wharf Rats 7"
    [*:goye4o07]Zao - Liberate Te Ex Inferis
    [*:goye4o07]A 50' ethernet cable and a DVD :P

Got this from eBay:

Updates on Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers Labour Dispute

Hello daeg0r,

On June 15th the labour dispute between Canada Post and the CUPW escalated to a full lockout and Canada Post announced that mail will not be moving until further notice.

The lockout impacts all Canada Post domestic, US and international shipments, as well as shipments into Canada via foreign postal carriers such as USPS or Royal Mail.

Sellers who have not yet shipped items that have been paid for are encouraged to work with their buyers to discuss potential alternate shipping options. Sellers who are willing to offer courier services, such as UPS, FedEx and Purolator, are also encouraged to modify their listings to offer these additional options and clearly call this out in their item descriptions.

We are putting messaging in place to alert buyers to the situation, and implemented a message in feedback flows to remind buyers that shipping delays due to labour disputes are not within a seller's control.

As we announced June 2nd, we will work closely with the Seller Standards team to protect Canadian sellers from lower performance ratings received due to postal disruption-related issues.

This is an unfortunate and frustrating situation for all of us. While we hope for a quick resolution to the lockout, we will do everything in our power to help and support Canadian sellers through these difficult times.

Sincerely,

eBay Canada

I got an email today telling me my Wonder Years lp shipped. I should have just cancelled because with this strike I'll probably be able to just buy it from the band at warped before it arrives.

Also, I like how my hightide hotel lp has apparently finally shipped after months of waiting but it is now stuck somewhere in the post so who knows if I'll ever get it.

my list that has been suspended in the mail abis for sometime now...

Go It Alone - Histories (first press, pre-order, black #/210)

Go It Alone - Histories single (first press, black #/875)

Go It Alone - Histories single (first press, purple #/155)

Go It Alone - Histories single (second press, green #/210)

Go it Alone - Histories singles 7"

Go It Alone - The Only Blood Between Us (second press, clear, euro tour press '05 #/200 [stamped #/300])

Go It Alone - Vancouver Gold (first press, clear #/100)

Go It Alone/Blue Monday - split (first press, blue/black swirl #/270)X2

Go It Alone/Blue Monday - split (first press, blue/black swirl, rec release cover #/50)

Go It Alone/Blue Monday - split (first press, blue/orange swirl, Blue Monday color #/135)

Go It Alone/Blue Monday - split (first press, record release, blue/blue splatter, GIA color #/135)

Go It Alone/Blue Monday - split (first press, white #/1030)

Got it Alone - Histories !2"

Pulley - The Long and Short of It 7" (Black)

Pulley - The Long and Short of It 7" (Color)

Parliament is slated to sit on Monday morning and vote on a force back for Air Canada and CUPW!

Here's hoping they vote to force them back, because I'm bummmmmeeedddd ooooutttttt!