New Ion Vertical turntable? Anyone else seen this

Interesting.

They used to make these in the 80's like one guy mentioned, they made both vertical linear tracking and normal flat ones. Typically these are servo motor run and the arm will scan the record, picking up the gaps and allowing you to hit track button 4 and the needle plays track four.

This one looks like a piece of crap. Battery powered is kinda cool, until the batteries run low and it starts turning at 30rpm...

Technics made one of these in the early 80's (called the SL-V5). Like with most Ion tables, it would probably be cheaper to hunt down a 30 year old table that will last much longer.

http://www.vintagetechnics.info/turntables.htm

If you can find a deal. These types go for 200+ on eBay when offered. The Technics ones go for the cheapest, the Mitsubishi, surprisingly, goes for more often.

Built in speakers? Reminds me of the old fisherprice 45 record players. This is just an "adult" version that hangs.....perfect for hanging above the toiletpaper dispenser, and you can spin records in the bathroom...Instead of a magazine rack throw some records in it.

I won't lie, that DOES sound more entertaining than flipping through whatever magazines are lying around or the labels on random toiletries.