Waffles.fm ???

I got booted from what.cd for not logging on often enough.

Either way, fuck these fucking torrent nazis and their horseshit. I think it's fucked up that they try to assign some sort of backwards-ass morality and sense of "fairness" to sharing files of things they didn't create, pay for, or support in any tangible way in the first place. But hey, whatever makes them feel like big men sitting behind their keyboards.

Either way, fuck these fucking torrent nazis and their horseshit. I think it's fucked up that they try to assign some sort of backwards-ass morality and sense of "fairness" to sharing files of things they didn't create, pay for, or support in any tangible way in the first place. But hey, whatever makes them feel like big men sitting behind their keyboards.

It's not morality, they have standards as far as quality is concerned. That's why these sites are so good. You're not going to find some 128 kbs mutt rip at waffles. And if there weren't rules, then mist would get on there, take, and get off. Then it would be as shitty as free torrent sites.

This is more like the old tape trading trees in the pre digital days more than anything else. And to participate you had to sign up and abide by the rules. If you don't like it, go buy the cd. If you do like it and you buy vinyl and download the albums you buy that don't have codes, then it's invaluable. I think inserting morals into bit torrent is silly. Waffles is quality oriented, not moral oriented.

It's not morality, they have standards as far as quality is concerned. That's why these sites are so good. You're not going to find some 128 kbs mutt rip at waffles. And if there weren't rules, then mist would get on there, take, and get off. Then it would be as shitty as free torrent sites.

This is more like the old tape trading trees in the pre digital days more than anything else. And to participate you had to sign up and abide by the rules. If you don't like it, go buy the cd. If you do like it and you buy vinyl and download the albums you buy that don't have codes, then it's invaluable. I think inserting morals into bit torrent is silly. Waffles is quality oriented, not moral oriented.

I understand the quality concerns. Fair enough.

But following ten million asinine rules regarding seeding and bla bla bla is fucking retarded. Making rules about who should be stealing music/books/movies/tv shows and how is hypocritical.

Trying to justify it makes a person a hypocrite. Not only that, but it makes them intellectually dishonest. And the people that argue that nobody loses money because of downloading are completely naive.

You can throw out the "bands make their money on tour from tshirt sales" schtick if you like, but that doesn't cover it. And you can also say that bands need the exposure, but that only covers a small part of it, too.

So yeah, I think all the kids that whine about "leeches" when they freely exchange shit that they, almost universally, did not create, and often have not supported in any meaningful, tangible way, are full of shit. I also think our "download culture" has made us more superficial consumers.

It's fine if you're pro-downloading. I've done it myself, as I'm sure most of us have. But I don't have any delusions about it. And I don't try to rationalize it, because I know the bigger picture.

I just want to follow my post up with it's all bullshit, that's the way I feel about it, it's not really worth a whole argument because I hate arguing on message boards and I've had over 10 years to think about my thoughts on the subject. I'm not really trying to change anybody's mind, do whatever you think is right. I downloaded a Modern Machines album last night because I got it on vinyl and wanted it on my ipod.

I like Waffles more because I have such an insane ratio I don't have to worry about anything.. Now if Waffles doesn't have something, I resort to What.