Android people

so, I think i'm done with my iPhone.. the new iOS 5 is a joke, and it seems like they're just not doing anything special with it any more.. it started off amazing, but it seems others have have caught up passed...

so. was thinking the HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T)

try and make my decision easier and sell me on Android?

If you can hold out, I would wait for the htc pyramid, New Nexus (November), if you have to get one today go with the Nexus S.

More info for most phones can be found here: http://www.andro-phones.com

Reason for the Nexus phones is that those are the base phones that the Android OS is created on.

Oh also when you get a phone, be sure you can root it and install cyanogen mod on it.

It is the only mod that is built from the Android kernel up and makes some insane improvements over the OS that you may end up getting. Companies (verizon, ATT, samsung, etc) like putting their own customizations that SUCK

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices

I cant add too much other than I got my first big boy phone last month and the wife and I went with Android phones because of Amazon's deals. She got the Droid X for $.01 and I got the HTC Thunderbolt for like $170. We are both very happy with our phones and geeking out over the customization available. Previously I had a non smart phone and used my iTouch for that stuff. The change has been great.

My only complaint is the sheer volume of Android phones makes the pre-purchase research a hassle.

if yer doin' the android, i'm selling my brother-in-laws Genbook on ebay.

it's like androids version of an ipad, cept it's like a mini laptop.

it ends in 10 hours if anyone wants to get on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180675716346&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

definitely go for android. i'm on verizon and have had a droid1 for the past year or so, and i'm waiting on the LTE heavy hitters to drop for my upgrade. it'd be nice if verizon saw the new nexus jam, but the bionic looks like it might do the trick. also, with htc vowing to not lock up their bootloaders, any new phone coming from them will have better / more widely available roms and mod options. a great resource for all things android is the blog an.droid-life.com, run by the fine folks at droid-life.com (droid-life is by and large dedicated to droid phone happenings, mostly on verizon, whereas an.droid-life covers more tablets and other carriers).

• 4 weeks later...

just wanted to update this.. I made the switch about 20 days ago

Got the HTC Inspire 4G (AT&T).. and gotta say, I love it.

The only things I don't like:

Apple iPod on the iTunes will forever be great.. it's just so simple and nice

not all iPhone apps are available for the Droid market yet (Netflix, SoundFreaq, Instagram, etc)

adios, iPhone.

not all iPhone apps are available for the Droid market yet (Netflix, SoundFreaq, Instagram, etc)

adios, iPhone.

Wait what? Itunes is a train wreck, even if it does sync nicely with your phone. At least speaking as a windows user, it runs slowly, constantly has problems and is overall frustrating to use. Managing your library is such a hassle with duplicates and missing songs..

adios, iPhone.

Wait what? Itunes is a train wreck, even if it does sync nicely with your phone. At least speaking as a windows user, it runs slowly, constantly has problems and is overall frustrating to use. Managing your library is such a hassle with duplicates and missing songs..

Google Music! You can entirely avoid eating up harddisk space with tunes, and stream them from the ever-elusive cloud. nice Google Music app on Android, automatic uploading, 20k songs of free space. Get nasty.

adios, iPhone.

Yeah, I messed that up, meant iPod on the iPhone, the iPod app is just nice. I agree that iTunes is a joke.