All But That One You Want...

I was just wondering if this happens to everyone else as much as it does me:

There is that band you like, with that one particular record you think is their best...and for some reason you can find EVERY other album of theirs on vinyl BUT the one you want:

Some examples:

For the longest time I couldn't find a copy of As Tall As Lions self-titled or Thursday's - War All The Time. I kept seeing every other one of both bands records everywhere, and it almost felt like "settling" to think about just picking up a different album...

Dashboard Confessional - Dusk And Summer. This album is perfection. Arguably the most commercially successful. But it's the only one not on vinyl, while generally all his other albums are findable.

Some others:

Mute Math's self-titled.

Bloc Party-Silent Alarm (which I finally found)

How ofter does this happen to you and what are some examples of bands where all but the one you want is available?

Alkaline Trio- From Here to Infirmary. it pisses me off. Outside of their self titled, which is readily available, this is their last full length I need to complete their catalog in my collection. ugh.

and for MTB^^ I ended up dropping exactly 40 on a blue copy of it. There are few records I'll splurge on but that was one of them; I just wanted it and to have it and not worry about looking for it anymore.

this is the story of my life with minus the bear's highly refined pirates. and with some 4 pressings already, i'm not keen on dropping $40 for it.

I was gonna say what kind of fantasy are you living in with $40 for HRP but then the guy below says he got one for just that much. haha Everywhere I've ever seen it has been at least $60 and on eBay its at least $80.

But let's add that to my list...which is huge.

this is the story of my life with minus the bear's highly refined pirates. and with some 4 pressings already, i'm not keen on dropping $40 for it.

I was gonna say what kind of fantasy are you living in with $40 for HRP but then the guy below says he got one for just that much. haha Everywhere I've ever seen it has been at least $60 and on eBay its at least $80.

haha yeah I got it like 4 months off some guy on here. eBay and elsewhere is gonna be pricey, but patience and finding nice people definitely helps

haha yeah I got it like 4 months off some guy on here. eBay and elsewhere is gonna be pricey, but patience and finding nice people definitely helps

totally. $40 seems to be a consistent price in private sales, ebay is always more. i just don't know where all of the copies of this have gone! 4 pressings and it still pulls 3-4x retail. i just don't get it!

i got from here to infirmary and good mourning from a guy on ebay for like 20 bucks, before i even realized they were kind of a big deal

From Here To Infirmary always surprised me. It was available so easily for so many years, then suddenly everywhere sold out at the same time. Always found that funny.

totally. $40 seems to be a consistent price in private sales, ebay is always more. i just don't know where all of the copies of this have gone! 4 pressings and it still pulls 3-4x retail. i just don't get it!

Well, look at how many pressings there are of all the Isis albums versus how much they go for. Not saying I like it, just saying it happens.