Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does this come up so often? Who cares what they do. They paid for the license, they can do what they want. Obviously it's pretty exploitive of them to do, but there is nothing anyone can do.

Why does this come up so often? Who cares what they do. They paid for the license, they can do what they want. Obviously it's pretty exploitive of them to do, but there is nothing anyone can do.

I've been told that a lot of licensing agreements dictate an exact number to be pressed for example 1,000. If they were to repress it they may have to get a new/updated licensing agreement. So they could be doing something very wrong.

I've been told that a lot of licensing agreements dictate an exact number to be pressed for example 1,000. If they were to repress it they may have to get a new/updated licensing agreement. So they could be doing something very wrong.

We have no proof this is a repess, or if they ever exceeded their allowed number (if there ever was one).

wow that's shitty

Unregulated free market capitalism in most cases is pretty shitty. It is a crying shame that a label would charge $150 for this record. If they were half-decent people they would sell these for a reasonable amount say even $25 but that is not the case unfortunately. I will wait till one day when there is a repress, until then I will take my $150 dollars somewhere else. Some place where I can get say like 10 records or so for $150 instead of one.

I wonder if they actually pressed more than 1000 originally but kept them aside as they only were licensed to press 1000. I don't think it's likely they secretly repressed this as I'm sure someone would find out by now or have looked into it. Seems like it'd be easier to hide an original overrun than an entire press.