PO: Beware of Safety - Leave/Scars 2xLP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten download cards in the past randomly with m.s. releases, I remember getting one with from fathoms

Come to think of it I got one with my copy of Dogs. Is it random?

that was a good year for their downloads. i don't know what happened to supplying downloads. i also wonder about the gimmesound.com free downloads, that was so brief. a lot of downloads used to come on printed cards with a punched hole and a ribbon looped through. it was pretty elaborate.

what gives? i want these albums in mp3 too!

Hey dudes. I spoke to L&J for you about the download codes. Here's the official response:

We generated some download codes for people and are going to spend a couple hours emailing them tonight to everyone that preordered =) The download will be for "Meridian".

We'll possibly include download cards in with the 2xLP as well, but it's kind of a pain to do and honestly only about 5%-10% of the codes ever even end up getting redeemed which is really frustrating considering the extra labor that goes into including them. that's why we stopped doing it a few releases back =) Feel free to pass along the info though on VC - that free Meridian download codes will be dispersed as quickly as we can, in light of their comments and requests =) But we have to email them individually, so ask them to be patient!

If anyone knows of an inexpensive and easy to maintain download code service that they could check out, please PM me.

Hey dudes. I spoke to L&J for you about the download codes. Here's the official response:
We generated some download codes for people and are going to spend a couple hours emailing them tonight to everyone that preordered =) The download will be for "Meridian".

We'll possibly include download cards in with the 2xLP as well, but it's kind of a pain to do and honestly only about 5%-10% of the codes ever even end up getting redeemed which is really frustrating considering the extra labor that goes into including them. that's why we stopped doing it a few releases back =) Feel free to pass along the info though on VC - that free Meridian download codes will be dispersed as quickly as we can, in light of their comments and requests =) But we have to email them individually, so ask them to be patient!

If anyone knows of an inexpensive and easy to maintain download code service that they could check out, please PM me.

it would be pretty damn awesome if they invested in instant mp3 download type of service like Polyvinyl, Saddle Creek or Matador utilize right now. it would be the most ideal way to do it. that way it directly supports the label and i'm sure more people wouldn't mind downloading it off their site opposed to entering a code. maybe throw codes in tour press copies for the bands on the road. with as many people that buy all their variants, the codes themselves seem to be a little pointless.

it would be pretty damn awesome if they invested in instant mp3 download type of service like Polyvinyl, Saddle Creek or Matador utilize right now. it would be the most ideal way to do it. that way it directly supports the label and i'm sure more people wouldn't mind downloading it off their site opposed to entering a code. maybe throw codes in tour press copies for the bands on the road. with as many people that buy all their variants, the codes themselves seem to be a little pointless.

Ideally I think whatever service that issues out downloads on the street date to people that pre-order would be best. I know TopSpin has this feature, I'm not sure in Bandcamp does. It's just easiest to set it and forget it, without putting MORE effort on them - like making sure each copy has a code included or what-have-you. The problem is getting it integrated into their new store that is currently being set up.

• 4 weeks later...
Did this include a download code? I'm pretty damn excited to be getting this. I love the cover.

The art is amazing, and its printed on a nice and heavy stock. Apparently they found some girl from DeviantArt.

Mine didn't have a download code. :(

None of them do. ;)

yeah, i was modifying this and you quick draw mcquoted it. i have since seen my error.