RIP Ryan Dunn

And the person who says counting calories doesn't have anything to do with weight loss does it again.

Jesus Christ, you're an asshole, A-Money.

duh.

also, i never said that. i said that i do not find that to be an effective form of weight loss for me. those are two totally different things.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda upset at this news. I hate drunk driving bullshit and wow, driving like that at that speed is incredibly stupid, even for someone from jackass, but it's still a shame he's dead. He was one of my favorites from jackass because he had I dunno, like a "not even trying" kinda humor, just seemed more natural with him, funny dude. Stupid way to act but it's a shame he's dead.

Also yeah, fuck PA roads. Some of the worst shit I've had to drive on. Can't wait to get back to FL haha.

Truth be told, he got off easy. If he had been pulled over, he would have been thrown in jail. If he had killed someone, he'd be charged with driving under the infulence, reckless driving, AND manslaughter and could be looking at life in the slammer. It sucks for his family and friends, but he literally got away with murder. There's no way the passenger in his car didn't know he was drunk so he/she was equally as stupid to get in the car with him. And all his friends who allowed him to drive home instead of calling him a cab are equally at fault.

And the matter of if he was or was not drunk is no longer an issue. One of his buddies that he was out with confirmed that he had at least 3 beers and 3 shots before heading out. Dumbass.

There's no way the passenger in his car didn't know he was drunk so he/she was equally as stupid to get in the car with him.

Exactly. It's a shame that this person was killed in the accident, but chances are they probably knew he had been drinking and he/she made the choice to ride with him. It's not like he forced this person into the car with him.

Shit sucks.

after reading 5 pages, i have one thing to contribute:

skins is a tv series from the uk. it is light years beyond the crap degrassi continues to spew out.

This thread is full of halarity. Did I laugh when he shoved a hot wheel up his ass? I sure as hell did, but Allison as some of the other mentioned here are right. He got drunk and with a passenger took a high powered vehicle which realisticaly proably isnt really capable of handeling at the speed even while sober and took it on some dangerous back roads. When I read the story i shook my head at the pure stupidity behind his actions. I feel sorry for the families and friends that have to live with his decisions for the rest of their lives.

after reading 5 pages, i have one thing to contribute:

skins is a tv series from the uk. it is light years beyond the crap degrassi continues to spew out.

yeah, but i wasn't talking about the next gen.. i was talking about the original series, which covered the same issues decades before skins did.

which realisticaly proably isnt really capable of handeling at the speed even while sober and took it on some dangerous back roads

not to sound rude or even start any sort of dumb argument, IF you meant the car and not ryan then i feel you are wrong. have you ever driven in a porsche or raced one? i took an m5 to the track a few weeks ago and while it killed the gt3's on the straights any of the corners i was handled by any of the porsches out there. IF he was going over 100 and IF he was sober and IF he knew how to drive there would be no problem whatsoever at that speed. now above 140 it gets a little hectic, but really any porsche would be fine above 100. now taking a sharp corner at that speed is a different story. thats just physics.

i didnt read the pages in between but i assume it is the same stuff. while it sucks that someone lost their life (regardless of the situation) it is a lesson learned (hopefully) to the multitude of others who drive unsafe at night (and if it ends up true those who drive fast, and furthermore who drive drunk). what a shame the selfish actions of some can impact others. i feel for the parents, regardless of circumstance they still lost a child. i feel worse for the person who was passenger (although IF he was drinking they should have made a wiser decision) and subsequently their family.

which realisticaly proably isnt really capable of handeling at the speed even while sober and took it on some dangerous back roads

not to sound rude or even start any sort of dumb argument, IF you meant the car and not ryan then i feel you are wrong. have you ever driven in a porsche or raced one? i took an m5 to the track a few weeks ago and while it killed the gt3's on the straights any of the corners i was handled by any of the porsches out there. IF he was going over 100 and IF he was sober and IF he knew how to drive there would be no problem whatsoever at that speed. now above 140 it gets a little hectic, but really any porsche would be fine above 100. now taking a sharp corner at that speed is a different story. thats just physics.

i didnt read the pages in between but i assume it is the same stuff. while it sucks that someone lost their life (regardless of the situation) it is a lesson learned (hopefully) to the multitude of others who drive unsafe at night (and if it ends up true those who drive fast, and furthermore who drive drunk). what a shame the selfish actions of some can impact others. i feel for the parents, regardless of circumstance they still lost a child. i feel worse for the person who was passenger (although IF he was drinking they should have made a wiser decision) and subsequently their family.

I was referring to Ryan. A Porsche is perfectly capable of handling those roads. The weakest link in a vehicle like that is an inexperienced driver.

And the person who says counting calories doesn't have anything to do with weight loss does it again.

Jesus Christ, you're an asshole, A-Money.

duh.

also, i never said that. i said that i do not find that to be an effective form of weight loss for me. those are two totally different things.

Yeah you did, i remember thinking it was a pretty weird thing to say.

"I do not understand counting calories as a valid form of weight loss"

I read many posts saying that maybe they wouldn't feel sorry for Ryan if he'd killed someone, but the fact is he DID kill someone. It doesn't even matter if he'd been drinking, driving recklessly at those speeds on a windy road led to the death of his passenger. Everybody is different, but for people to be chastised because they have a low tolerance for this kind of behavior leading to the deaths of others is rediculous. Just because I don't feel bad for him doesn't make me a cold, heartless ass. He took liberties with his life and with that of his passenger's. Errol thinks that not feeling sorrow for Ryan Dunn shows that I have little value for human life. What he (and others) fail to see is that I actually place great value in human life. It was the impetus in my choosing EMS as a career. And it infuriates me that someone else had to die because of his actions.

Guest errolwest
I read many posts saying that maybe they wouldn't feel sorry for Ryan if he'd killed someone, but the fact is he DID kill someone. It doesn't even matter if he'd been drinking, driving recklessly at those speeds on a windy road led to the death of his passenger. Everybody is different, but for people to be chastised because they have a low tolerance for this kind of behavior leading to the deaths of others is rediculous. Just because I don't feel bad for him doesn't make me a cold, heartless ass. He took liberties with his life and with that of his passenger's. Errol thinks that not feeling sorrow for Ryan Dunn shows that I have little value for human life. What he (and others) fail to see is that I actually place great value in human life. It was the impetus in my choosing EMS as a career. And it infuriates me that someone else had to die because of his actions.

when you get in a car with a drunk driver, you are just as much to blame as the driver. there are SO many better options.

when you get in a car with a drunk driver, you are just as much to blame as the driver. there are SO many better options.

Totally, unless you're comatose you know what you are doing.

I'm sad that 2 people are dead that didn't have to be beacuse they made mistakes.

duh.

Yeah you did, i remember thinking it was a pretty weird thing to say.

"I do not understand counting calories as a valid form of weight loss"

if i said that, what i intended for it to mean was that i personally cannot lose weight that way, i just worded it oddly.

sorry for the misunderstanding, guyyyyyys.