RIP Ryan Dunn

not to sound rude or even start any sort of dumb argument, IF you meant the car and not ryan then i feel you are wrong. have you ever driven in a porsche or raced one? i took an m5 to the track a few weeks ago and while it killed the gt3's on the straights any of the corners i was handled by any of the porsches out there. IF he was going over 100 and IF he was sober and IF he knew how to drive there would be no problem whatsoever at that speed. now above 140 it gets a little hectic, but really any porsche would be fine above 100. now taking a sharp corner at that speed is a different story. thats just physics.

i didnt read the pages in between but i assume it is the same stuff. while it sucks that someone lost their life (regardless of the situation) it is a lesson learned (hopefully) to the multitude of others who drive unsafe at night (and if it ends up true those who drive fast, and furthermore who drive drunk). what a shame the selfish actions of some can impact others. i feel for the parents, regardless of circumstance they still lost a child. i feel worse for the person who was passenger (although IF he was drinking they should have made a wiser decision) and subsequently their family.

I was referring to Ryan. A Porsche is perfectly capable of handling those roads. The weakest link in a vehicle like that is an inexperienced driver.

the roads in that part of PA are...awful. and that's being generously positive, haha.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This has been strongly denied by his friends and bar staff, with one onlooker telling our US Team that Dunn "wasn't too drunk to drive."

An employee of the establishment where Dunn was drinking also added that Ryan: “didn’t seem intoxicated. He was himself. He seemed like he was having a good time, hanging out with his friends.”

i have no idea whether he was 'drunk' or not, but if you're driving 110mph on crappy roads, even being slightly intoxicated and having your reflexes compromised the smallest amount can have deadly consequences. i've seen people i know who spend all night drinking and claim they weren't too drunk to drive. that's a very subjective thing to say. i reserve any judgement on the drinking and driving thing until toxicology reports come back (if ever, that is).

maybe he wasn't drunk at all and was messing with his phone. or goofing off with his buddy. who knows. like i've said before, he was obviously going too fast on those roads either way and it's a shame it ended up like it did.

and before there's another huge argument, a list of things i think we should all be able to agree on:

1. we do not know whether he was too drunk to drive and can't assume that he was.

2. drinking and driving is always shitty.

3. driving 110mph on terrible roads at night is not only a bad idea, but irresponsible.

4. it's usually a bummer when people die.

and before there's another huge argument, a list of things i think we should all be able to agree on:

1. we do not know whether he was too drunk to drive and can't assume that he was.

2. drinking and driving is always shitty.

3. driving 110mph on terrible roads at night is not only a bad idea, but irresponsible.

4. it's usually a bummer when people die.

1. Yes we can.

2. Correct.

3. Correct.

4. Usually, unless you are literally a jackass

I read another one that said "I'm Ryan Dunn, and this is Porche chainsaw." It's kind of funny.

After I thought about it for a second, Dunn would probably laugh at it but it's still pretty disrespectful regardless of the circumstances of his death.

I get that he's dead, and that's a bummer, but I don't think it's possible to disrespect someone who made himself famous by sticking toy cars up his ass.

ahahaha ok, person who joined the board in 2011!

you mad.

People that pull the "you're new to the board" card are some of the saddest, most pathetic idiots out there. I've been lurking for years but I just started posting a short time ago.

Oh, you've been posting for a long time, you are so superior. Get a life you damn Debbie Downer.

New jacks who try and tell established members they need to leave because said new jacks think there should be a window of time where it's okay to ignore someone's stupid, dangerous and selfish actions if those actions result in said person's death are even sadder and more pathetic.

She's superior because she's awesome. You're an idiot because you think she's Debbie Downer for thinking drunk driving is retarded.

People that pull the "you're new to the board" card are some of the saddest, most pathetic idiots out there. I've been lurking for years but I just started posting a short time ago.

Oh, you've been posting for a long time, you are so superior. Get a life you damn Debbie Downer.

New jacks who try and tell established members they need to leave because said new jacks think there should be a window of time where it's okay to ignore someone's stupid, dangerous and selfish actions if those actions result in said person's death are even sadder and more pathetic.

She's superior because she's awesome. You're an idiot because you think she's Debbie Downer for thinking drunk driving is retarded.

thank you, loki. <3

The fact that there are even arguments about whether or not someone's death is deserved, and the fact that there are statements like "this is to be expected" speaks volumes.

Just saying.

honestly, i expected one of those dudes to die long ago from something dumb like this. no, he didn't deserve to die, but yes, this was a hazard of ryan dunn's chosen 'occupation' and lifestyle.

i'm sure he knew that and i'm not sure why some people are in denial about that.

sorry, i didn't know what you said had some hidden meaning/agenda?

you're implying that anyone who thinks those things is obviously some callous, heartless heathen. i got that.

Is it that difficult to extrapolate that I was saying that these arguments and statements such as "this isn't a surprise" aren't what anyone or their families would want at their death? Or that it's the least pertinent thing to say about the person? You're a shining paragon of intelligence in every thread I see your posts in.

That's not at all what I'm saying, I'm saying that this culture discusses death of people who are famous in the most asinine, disrespectful way possible.

sorry, i didn't know what you said had some hidden meaning/agenda?

you're implying that anyone who thinks those things is obviously some callous, heartless heathen. i got that.

Is it that difficult to extrapolate that I was saying that these arguments and statements such as "this isn't a surprise" aren't what anyone or their families would want at their death? Or that it's the least pertinent thing to say about the person? You're a shining paragon of intelligence in every thread I see your posts in.

That's not at all what I'm saying, I'm saying that this culture discusses death of people who are famous in the most asinine, disrespectful way possible.

actually, apparently it was that difficult. how is remarking that a professional self-appointed 'jackass' who made a living doing ridiculously stupid and most of the time dangerous stunts the 'least pertinent thing' you could say about that person?

we can compare IQ test results if you'd like. sorry, i'm a female so a dick measuring contest is out of the question.

I don't understand what your dick measuring contest comment is about. I'm not out to make myself look better or smarter, so I'm not sure what your gain is with that mess of a statement.

The dude is dead. He will never get to do anything again, ever. That's a big fucking deal, for anyone, and with little exception, being disrespectful, celebrating, or making light of their death is nothing but shortsighted and downright ignorant. It's my opinion that saying it's "to be expected" or that you don't feel bad because he may have had something to drink is ridiculous.

That said, drunk driving is a terrible, selfish thing to do and I will never say or think anything otherwise, but someone died. Making light of it or saying it was deserved is a bit much. The gravity of someone's death is, in my opinion, lost on anyone who says otherwise. But those are my thoughts.

QFT

I don't understand what your dick measuring contest comment is about. I'm not out to make myself look better or smarter, so I'm not sure what your gain is with that mess of a statement.

The dude is dead. He will never get to do anything again, ever. That's a big fucking deal, for anyone, and with little exception, being disrespectful, celebrating, or making light of their death is nothing but shortsighted and downright ignorant. It's my opinion that saying it's "to be expected" or that you don't feel bad because he may have had something to drink is ridiculous.

i am doing none of the above mentioned things. sans the last sentence, these were the points that i was trying to make in the osama bin laden thread that someone brought up earlier in the thread. i was chastized for those sentiments in that thread, so i don't understand why suddenly everyone is holier than thou in this thread.