City and Colour - Tour Variants

Yeah, I just think the previous one sold too badly for them to bother anymore. Talking of which, I won a copy of the Black Euro 10" on ebay the other day for 60€ from a "mate". As soon as he saw I'd won it, the $h!t went and cancelled the transaction and is now trying to sell it for almost 3 times as much privately! :/

Did you contact eBay? Shouldn't they be able to help you?

Did you contact eBay? Shouldn't they be able to help you?

They wouldn't do anything. The reason he supplied to them "Seller didn't provide a specific reason" is apparently adequate. At the end of the day, nothing they do can physically make him send it anyway.

Just can't believe a mate, who I've attended shows in the UK and Germany with, would act like such a prick, not only to me, but to another of our mates, who won his copy of Watch Out!

Andy, that sucks man. really feel bad for ya on that one.

on a more positive note,

there is hint of a 2nd Press of Covers part 3 on the DA/pressing page.

Nice spot man! Wouldn't mind a repress of Covers Part 1 too. Don't understand why that one's still not been done, yet 2 and 3 have so quickly.

They wouldn't do anything. The reason he supplied to them "Seller didn't provide a specific reason" is apparently adequate. At the end of the day, nothing they do can physically make him send it anyway.

Just can't believe a mate, who I've attended shows in the UK and Germany with, would act like such a prick, not only to me, but to another of our mates, who won his copy of Watch Out!

But you got a copy now? Because it's not in your want list?

Nice collection btw!

that really sucks.. because you promoted his listings on ebay..

But you got a copy now? Because it's not in your want list?

Nice collection btw!

Technically, it's a test, so it'd be nice to have, but I don't class it as part of the collection. :)

that really sucks.. because you promoted his listings on ebay..

Yep, exactly mate. Complete douchebag!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that purple looks so nice! At $125 plus whatever shipping to the UK would be, it may just be out of my price-range atm. Just have to see how much he wants to ship it.

Were these another $10 extra?

**EDIT: I'm out on this! $125 for the record, $50.85 shipping to UK, plus the listing states he won't mark as a gift or misvalue, so UK Customs would sting me for 20% of everything over $35 (extra $15), plus an £8 handling fee!

$203.69 (£126.93) is a bit steep for a 7" single!

Does anyone know if he has copies of the new record on tour with him? Going to the show in LA and was hoping to save a few bucks on shipping.

As a sidenote, my roommate said she'd let me use her 7" for a trade or to sell. After it arrives I'll check with her to see if she's still ok with it, and if so, try to help someone out.

Does anyone know if he has copies of the new record on tour with him? Going to the show in LA and was hoping to save a few bucks on shipping.

As a sidenote, my roommate said she'd let me use her 7" for a trade or to sell. After it arrives I'll check with her to see if she's still ok with it, and if so, try to help someone out.

Would be very interested, if no-one else has got to it first.

I almost don't even care about keeping my collection complete anymore. I can't keep up with all these VIP variants, it's getting too expensive and I have bills to pay. Really sucks when true fans get gouged like this.

I agree.  I'd like to get a copy of this, but at this point I can't understand why someone would actually pay $100+ for one of these! There's about a dozen of these VIP soundchecks during the tour, probably 40-50 people per soundcheck, so I'd think there's a good 500+ of these pressed.  Curious if any will show up in his webstore like the "pre-order exclusive" grey variant.

How was the VIP soundcheck?  I am going in Detroit to it so I was curious as to what it exactly entails.

Thanks!

From the guy I bought this vinyl off, he mentioned this in a msg:

"The show was amazing. The sound check was really cool. Dallas answered questions, took pics, and signed more autographs.  I was really disappointed I didn't bring my LPs for him to sign."

How was the VIP soundcheck?  I am going in Detroit to it so I was curious as to what it exactly entails.

Thanks!

The soundcheck was interesting.  It was way earlier than the show so inbetween we had to leave, kill 2 hours, and then go back to the show and wait in line again.  He didn't want anyone recording the soundcheck and made that very clear.  It was basically just them working with the sound guys to get everything figured out.  There was no meet and greet, he just kind of talked to a few people from the stage.

Oc78i56.jpg

He had clear copies of The Hurry and the Harm and black copies of Little Hell.  Both were $25.

I almost don't even care about keeping my collection complete anymore. I can't keep up with all these VIP variants, it's getting too expensive and I have bills to pay. Really sucks when true fans get gouged like this.

this happens to every band with variants.. they're always hard to find at first but pop up eventually.. plus, isnt part of the thrill of collecting the hunt to find the missing pieces?!

I agree.  I'd like to get a copy of this, but at this point I can't understand why someone would actually pay $100+ for one of these! There's about a dozen of these VIP soundchecks during the tour, probably 40-50 people per soundcheck, so I'd think there's a good 500+ of these pressed.  Curious if any will show up in his webstore like the "pre-order exclusive" grey variant.

i'll be updating our pressing page soon with the proper numbers, but youre pretty close with your estimate.. i cant remember exactly but its around 500. 

this happens to every band with variants.. they're always hard to find at first but pop up eventually.. plus, isnt part of the thrill of collecting the hunt to find the missing pieces?!

I guess... but collection vinyl isn't my only hobby (and rent in Vancouver is ridiculous!). Plus, it's really the VIP variants that are the most frustrating because if you live outside of Ontario you're SOL or you're going to pay $300 on eBay to some scumbag.