Questions about THE FORMAT on Vinyl

I asked the merch girl at the fun. show last night if this would ever get pressed on vinyl and she said "never gonna happen again." AGAIN? Does anyone know of its existence? If you know one way or the other, convince us--tell us how you know. Quit with all this mysterious crap. As far as I know, The Format only pressed Snails EP 12" (/???), Time Bomb 7", and Dog Problems (Black/1000).

[image]

Also, does anyone know the pressing info for Snails or Time Bomb?

Last, anyone want to sell me ANY OF THIS!?!?!? Including any fun. stuff on vinyl. I'm trying to find Aim & Ignite for less than $30. Thanks!

I think the merch person had confused this with dog problems. I'm pretty sure this was a candidate for the vc coop to press when it still kinda existed.

in that case, she meant that dog problems "will never happen again." but does that mean that interventions isn't ruled out forever?

For what its worth, Sam told me that if there is talk of this happening, it more than likely won't happen until some form of reunion. He told me there is no talk of any repress of dog problems (also told me that his own version is beat up). I only inquired this because I was curious when the song "swans" would get a proper release, digital or otherwise, and he said that is being held in case of a format reunion.

never knew the band personally but I've followed them since their first ep was put out and this was never pressed. only the stuff mentioned in here by others has been pressed. I reeeeeallly wish this and their EP would be pressed...and I wish I cared about vinyl when Dog Problems was released cuz I really want a copy :(

thanks for your help everyone.

just a friendly heads up... there are some copies of Time Bomb 7" on Hello Merch in case you didn't know. don't go in there and buy them all up, though--i have to wait for a paycheck!

thank you so much! I check out their old merch from time to time but I can't believe I never saw the 7"!

never knew the band personally but I've followed them since their first ep was put out and this was never pressed. only the stuff mentioned in here by others has been pressed. I reeeeeallly wish this and their EP would be pressed...and I wish I cared about vinyl when Dog Problems was released cuz I really want a copy :(

The Ep 100% is not going to happen or at least anytime soon, i talked to sam(instrumentalist) about it last year and he said they plan to do it in the future but i based on the way he responded i doubt they will ever do it(they own the rights). As far as "interventions and lullabies". Warner owns the rights and ive been in talks with them about this and a few other titles. This one they want to get "artist approval" and have been working on getting an answer from them for 3 months. I have sams #,email etc.. which i gave warner but at this point I have low expectations for this to happen. I am doing my best to press all these great albums that both myself and others on this board and around the world want, sometimes it just isnt in the cards. I will keep updated if/when I get more info

I&L is just a great album. While the first half is great, nothing beats the second half. The track after "On Your Porch" straight through to the end is amazing.

Edit: Sore Thumb straight to the end.

yeah boi. sore thumb is my fav the format song. so underrated! it's the only song they didn't play on the live DVD. so weird.