Law of attraction and hunting for vinyl

This is either (A) a joke; or (B) some of the dumbest shit I've read on here (and that's saying something.)

No joke. Just simple understanding of the universe applied to collecting.

This works for finding something in your life.

When I wanted a new job, I felt happy and grateful that job interviews come to me through out the day, even though they hadn't. But the next day I started getting contacted by two companies a day requesting interviews. That lasted a week.

When I decided I wanted to start dating I said and felt I was happy and grateful for my beautiful girlfriend despite not having one. The next day I get contacted by the hottest chic I've ever met on Facebook and we've started dating.

As the other poster mentioned above, this works. But understanding how to make it work takes time and internal alchemy so to speak. I'd you tried it right now, I don't think it will work for you based off your attitude, not your skepticism as optimism is the key to this. That's fine. But if you're interested you can try it.

I thought it was fairytales for quite some years myself. Then a few months ago, I found myself in a poor situation and thought, hey, what can I lose, give it a shot. Now work, money, records, companionship are not things I worry about, but enjoy.

I thought by posting this maybe others can enjoy this, too. I posted all of the information you need to get started above. So the choice is yours. You can choose.

This is either (A) a joke; or (B) some of the dumbest shit I've read on here (and that's saying something.)

No joke. Just simple understanding of the universe applied to collecting.

This works for finding something in your life.

When I wanted a new job, I felt happy and grateful that job interviews come to me through out the day, even though they hadn't. But the next day I started getting contacted by two companies a day requesting interviews. That lasted a week.

When I decided I wanted to start dating I said and felt I was happy and grateful for my beautiful girlfriend despite not having one. The next day I get contacted by the hottest chic I've ever met on Facebook and we've started dating.

As the other poster mentioned above, this works. But understanding how to make it work takes time and internal alchemy so to speak. I'd you tried it right now, I don't think it will work for you based off your attitude, not your skepticism as optimism is the key to this. That's fine. But if you're interested you can try it.

I thought it was fairytales for quite some years myself. Then a few months ago, I found myself in a poor situation and thought, hey, what can I lose, give it a shot. Now work, money, records, companionship are not things I worry about, but enjoy.

I thought by posting this maybe others can enjoy this, too. I posted all of the information you need to get started above. So the choice is yours. You can choose.

agreed.

Any sort of skepticism will not do.

the idea sounds so crazy that I totally understand people not buying it.

What sold me was the opposite. I literally thought that I was cursed. I would have bad luck follow me around throughout an entire day, or even year. I'm sure everyone has had a bad day where trouble snowballs out of control. What we are not realizing us that by focusing our thoughts and mental energies on things that bother us, we are actually inviting in more trouble.

This thread has wasted enough of my time. Why did I bother reading this shit?

Why do people bother reading the Bible?! Do you really think some guy who lived for 30 years before we had any understanding that our planet was round had all the answers to life and the future? Philosophy is meant to be a personal expression.

What sold me was the opposite. I literally thought that I was cursed. I would have bad luck follow me around throughout an entire day, or even year. I'm sure everyone has had a bad day where trouble snowballs out of control. What we are not realizing us that by focusing our thoughts and mental energies on things that bother us, we are actually inviting in more trouble.

So ignore doing anything to actually change your life, just hope shit gets better, eh?

So ignore doing anything to actually change your life, just hope shit gets better, eh?

No, I don't know where you are getting that from.

Thought is the seed that plants the idea that springs into action and reality.

Until you study this or a religion, your mind is likely still wild with worries and regrets, peeves and rage. Our music is full of it and of we're constantly subjecting ourselves to our beloved music, then we have these ideas floating around inside. (I am not saying don't listen to your music).

In order to get the ball moving on "attracting things" you first have to learn to control your thoughts. Then you have to choose to feel good and happy, no matter your outside circumstances.

Hoping things will get better is not good at all. By doing so, you are saying that the present sucks and the future is good. Your situation will not improve and a sucky present will persist.

You have to believe that the present (all we've really got) is amazing and be thankful for it. This is a 180 from hoping and then things will start to happen in your life where the bad things decrease and the good things increase. Bad shit will happen but it's your choice to let it control you or not.

I know it sounds difficult to believe, but can you explain how we are alive? Where do you come from. What exists beyond the borders of space? If space is infinite, what is existence?

There are many questions in the universe. Learning this has helped me understand some answers. Just wanted to share.

wait, Mare Vitalis is really that rare? well i'm glad i have a copy then!

like, actually have one.

for real for real, not wishing haha.

either way, this kinda thing is interesting. i'm not really sure theres a plausible scientific link at all, but it can't hurt to be positive about things like this instead of always negative. if you're searching for this "impossible to find record", being negative is probably gonna detract from the hunt, and you won't enjoy it. having a positive attitude towards the hunt and finding it will make the hunt that much more enjoyable, and more pleasing when/if you find said record.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've got some evidence of this now.

One of my white whales has been Go Sailor's Long Distance on red. A limited number were pressed for mail-order only. To be honest, the skeptic in me is scared that this won't work, so I hardly ever use it for record finding. I mostly use these techniques on necessities.

However, I really wanted this record, so I put myself in alignment for it. I believed that I had it and felt gratitude for having it. Within hours a red one popped up on eBay. There was already another on ebay from a day before, but I assumed it was black because the color wasn't mentioned. I won them both, uncontested.

2 reds.

[[image]

If you remember, a few days before I found these on ebay, I put them in the want list in my sig. I also listed the manges/egg ebb split and the manges "vengeance is mine" single. Someone here offered me both manges eps, but pulled out.

I have them both on my want list on discogs and should get email notifications if they are listed. I assumed that the egg ebb split would be harder to find so I did the LoA technique with it. Then I checked discogs and found it, despite never receiving an email notification. I'm too scared to try it with the Vengeance is mine as I don't want to use up my good luck on records or I really want to believe this is real and want my luck to last. OK, I'll do it.

Anyone need a red Long Distance??