PO: Dan Andriano In The Emergency Room

i emailed Mike about my warped record and pretty much nothing was solved. he offered to throw in a free LP next time i ordered something, but no mention of sending me a new one. now i'm just trying to flatten it out in the sunlight between sheets of glass. i've never tried it before but i figured i have nothing to lose considering it's already super warped.

at least it came with a download (right? my order hasn't came in yet...) so you're not totally out of luck

I wouldn't be surprised if lots of records that were in the mail last week got warped, what with that hellish heat wave

Definitely not faulting Mike or any distributors, but this heat wave in the Midwest did some serious damage to eskimoswim's LP!

You know when people make old LPs into bowls and ashtrays and shit like that? Well...it looked like someone was about 75% of the way to having a nice cereal snack in his record. I hope the sun can fix what it originally caused!

you can't really fault the label if you mailordered a record in the middle of july, it probably sat in the mail truck all day (twice) and then sat on your porch till you got home. Its not mike's fault your shit got wrecked

i never said that it was entirely his fault. it didn't "sit on my porch" either because the mailman handed it directly to me. the LP mailer had no additional support inside of it whatsoever so it was more exposed than usual. the record was so fucked that i could successfully use it as a salad bowl.

after a few days between glass it flattened out enough so that it is actually playable.

you can't really fault the label if you mailordered a record in the middle of july, it probably sat in the mail truck all day (twice) and then sat on your porch till you got home. Its not mike's fault your shit got wrecked

i never said that it was entirely his fault. it didn't "sit on my porch" either because the mailman handed it directly to me. the LP mailer had no additional support inside of it whatsoever so it was more exposed than usual. the record was so fucked that i could successfully use it as a salad bowl.

after a few days between glass it flattened out enough so that it is actually playable.

(more of a reply to flood, but oh well) you could fault mike for releasing good albums in the summer... it would be silly to do so, but still, you could

Holy Cow! That was fast. I got a shipping confirmation yesterday as well. Looks like it arrived today though!

Awesome! I hope I have time to get to my PO box and see if my copies came as well. Kings Road sent the DL code a few days back but I've been holding out on listening until I have the physical copy.