A school teacher, a Tea Partier, and a CEO are sit

This was stolen from another message board, but I found it funny/spot on/sad. Especially when the conversation kept the analogy going, highlighted by these two posts:

The liberal teacher has 6 cookies. The tea partier has 6 cookies. The CEO steals the liberal's cookies and blames the tea partier. Then the CEO steals the tea partier's cookies and blames the liberal. The liberal and the tea partier argue over who stole who's cookies while the CEO eats them all.

:) Now that's more accurate. If you throw in the fact the cookies were made in China and everyone died of poisoning it could get better.

This was stolen from another message board, but I found it funny/spot on/sad. Especially when the conversation kept the analogy going, highlighted by these two posts:

The liberal teacher has 6 cookies. The tea partier has 6 cookies. The CEO steals the liberal's cookies and blames the tea partier. Then the CEO steals the tea partier's cookies and blames the liberal. The liberal and the tea partier argue over who stole who's cookies while the CEO eats them all.

:) Now that's more accurate. If you throw in the fact the cookies were made in China and everyone died of poisoning it could get better.

Word.

Isn't it awesome how the prevailing narrative in this country pits working class people of different races, religions, and ideologies against each other...instead of people who are forthright, honest, compassionate, and hardworking against the greedy and corrupt. I wonder what it might take for that to happen, but I don't wonder for too long, because deep down I know it never will.

I know someone who was involved in the whole Tea Party thing long before it became the despicable morass of philosophically bankrupt hypocrites it is today. The best part is that he doesn't even see it. He still thinks that it is a movement that is truly about promoting libertarian thought and action, instead of the astroturf that it is. That's what happens when you lose perspective on shit.

first off, ;D verrry funny, because it's so true! Thanks to a media that is nearly always bias to one side or the other, a campaigning system where private companies can invest as much of their assets into donations for whatever campaign they want, regardless of investors opinions, and, well, that's basically all I have at the moment about that. It's really sad that not only is it hard to trust the news, but it's impossible to trust any politician in our modern version of 'democracy'.

Yea, it's pretty disheartening. I spend a lot of time following politics because a) I'm interested and B) I teach 12th grade Government, and it's just so hard to stay positive these days. The world seems like such a shitty place when all you see is bickering, selfishness, and partisan politics like it's a just a zero-sum game and not 307 million people's lives at stake.

Wait a minute. What kind of cookies were/are they? This joke is missing crucial information.

This. If they had walnuts in them who cares?

Also, a lawyer, a priest, a school teacher, and 3 students are on a plane. Suddenly the plane starts to nosedive and the pilot announces that they are going down and that there are only 3 parachutes in the cabin.

The school teacher says, "We gotta give these kids the parachutes."

The lawyer says, "WHAT? FUCK THESE KIDS!"

The priest says, "...do.... do we have time?"