Overdue Collection Agency NEEDS HELP

I just saw this post from Overdue Collection Agency on my Tumblr feed. They are the label that is pressing Gatsby's American Dream's Why We Fight, Ribbons and Sugar, and In the Land of Lost Monsters. Apparently, it is one guy that is organizing and funding this himself. I know he set up a Kickstarter some time ago for the pressing but apparently that has not been enough and he has run into further difficulties. Basically, he is looking for investors, publicity, and/or a place to set up shop in San Diego. If you love this band and these albums, please take the time to read this and hopefully help him out in some way. That would be terrible for him to get this far and have the project fizzle out.

http://overduecollection.tumblr.com/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously. This project was approached recklessly. An initial pressing of 1000 copies of each album? A price tag of $18,000 to press the entire run? Keeping an allotment of 200 limited variants for subscribers to his label, even those these are his first releases? This is entirely delusional.

$19000 to press two records that are single LPs isn't even real. I can't even fathom that. I could almost press 8-10 records for that much.

Granted, I outsource very little for my releases, but I could seriously do like 14 releases for $19,000!

Or maybe I'll just release one record, but drive around the country delivering all of them by hand. Customers would still get them before they will get their Gatsby's LPs.

This is entirely delusional.

Seriously... it's like... somehow beyond a generation gap between people who successfully operated record labels for the last 90 years without Kickstarter or the internet and all this newjack bullshit. BRB, I'm going to go license 311 or maybe Whale's "Hobo Humpin' Slobo Babe" on picture disc...

LOL at this guy. Too much to even comment on, but I like this part the best:

"A significant part was from the Kickstarter ($7300) and the rest has come from me. This amount has totaled nearly $8000 or so."

Dude has not even contributed $700 to the cost of releasing 3 LPs, and he is asking people to give him another $4000. My head hurts. Not to mention that it sounds like the records and jackets are finished and in his hands? What could the $4000 possibly be for? Inserts printed on dollar bills?

UGH.

Realize this is a clusterfuck. Just thought I'd try to help the guy out if I could.

all you did by bringing him up again was throw him to a pack of blood thirsty wolves. and once this guy who can't seem to get these releases out for one reason after another tries to defend himself here, a festering wound will get salt get poured in.

LOL at this guy. Too much to even comment on, but I like this part the best:

"A significant part was from the Kickstarter ($7300) and the rest has come from me. This amount has totaled nearly $8000 or so."

Dude has not even contributed $700 to the cost of releasing 3 LPs, and he is asking people to give him another $4000. My head hurts. Not to mention that it sounds like the records and jackets are finished and in his hands? What could the $4000 possibly be for? Inserts printed on dollar bills?

UGH.

Reading comprehension. He has come up with $8k himself, thus being $4k away.

His wife should leave him in California.