RFC 7" Series, Tigers Jaw, Shook Ones, Bridge+Tunn

We are very happy to be finally announcing a project we've been working on for the past 7 months: the Run For Cover Records 7" Subscription. The series will feature six 7" records over a six month period of time, featuring an eclectic list of bands from completely different walks of the punk and indie music scenes.

HERE'S THE DEAL:

The series will feature brand new 7"s from the following bands (not in order of release):

TIGERS JAW

SHOOK ONES

BRIDGE AND TUNNEL

HOSTAGE CALM

END OF A YEAR SELF DEFENSE FAMILY

MOCKINGBIRD WISH ME LUCK

* The only way to get physical copies of these 7"s is through a subscription.

*This is not a pre-order. The first two 7"s in the series are pressed and in our hands with the third already in the works. The first 7" will ship the week of July 25th. This will give us ample time to pack the first batch of the orders and ship them at once. The 2nd 7" will ship August 14th, and they will ship each month until december.

* There are a limited number of subscriptions, and they will run until they are sold out. There is no guarantee on how long this will last.

* There are three different subscription options:

STANDARD 7" SUBSCRIPTION:

This includes all six 7"s on black vinyl with digital downloads. One 7" will be shipped a month until December 2011.

PRICING:

UNITED STATES/CANADA: $48 ($30+$18 shipping)

EUROPE/UK/JAPAN/AUSTRALIA: $72 ($30 + $42 shipping)

DELUXE 7" SUBSCRIPTION:

This includes all six 7"s on color vinyl limited to 150, a silkscreened 7"x7" box to house all six 7"s, exclusive shirt, and silkscreened record player slipmat. This package also includes digital downloads.

PRICING:

UNITED STATES/CANADA: $70 ($50+$20 shipping)

EUROPE/UK: $85 ($50 + $35 shipping)

JAPAN/AUSTRALIA $95 ($50 + $45 shipping)

DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION:

For the MP3 minded, you can stick with the digital subscription. Digital subscribers will get a download code sent to them monthly for 6 months for less than $1 a song.

PRICE: $10

Fuck me fuck me fuck me. I didn't want to order due to the way the mailorder had been run in the past, but I couldn't pass this up especially since you said two are already in hand. I put my shirt size in the comments. Also, RFC, you said there would be thicker jackets of the daytrader album and to just send you a message if you wanted one. Did that ever happen?

Thats one way to make more money

this. its kind of shitty to have to buy all of those, if you don't want all of them. and people are gonna say "oh just get them off of someone who buys the subscription" yeah because i really want to have to pay double or triple the amount for 1 or 2 7"s.

i like subscription ideas, i think it helps the labels and gives those people a feeling that they are directly really helping out the label and releases, so don't get me wrong about that.

i can understand doing special variant covers or colors (ie. 6131, no sleep) but seriously to only offer the 7"s to people who buy the whole subscription is lame. its forcing people who want some of them to buy them all or they end up paying as much for 1 or 2 of the 7"s as they would've payed for the whole package. its just really backwards to me.

Also, with all the other subscriptions i've seen, part of the point of them is that you save some money. This is exactly what it would cost buying them all seprately anyway. Why wouldn't you just send them out 2 at a time? I'd rather wait a little longer that have to pay for shipping for each individual 7" anyway.

this. its kind of shitty to have to buy all of those, if you don't want all of them. and people are gonna say "oh just get them off of someone who buys the subscription" yeah because i really want to have to pay double or triple the amount for 1 or 2 7"s.

i like subscription ideas, i think it helps the labels and gives those people a feeling that they are directly really helping out the label and releases, so don't get me wrong about that.

i can understand doing special variant covers or colors (ie. 6131, no sleep) but seriously to only offer the 7"s to people who buy the whole subscription is lame. its forcing people who want some of them to buy them all or they end up paying as much for 1 or 2 of the 7"s as they would've payed for the whole package. its just really backwards to me.

Then this isn't for you, and that's ok. I knew some people would feel that way, and claim we're doing it because of money, but no one complains about Sub Pop and other labels doing the same thing, except they don't even tell you what you're getting. This is a very simple and cheap Subscription in the scheme of things and I think a lot more people will be psyched on it then bummed.

Also, with all the other subscriptions i've seen, part of the point of them is that you save some money. This is exactly what it would cost buying them all seprately anyway. Why wouldn't you just send them out 2 at a time? I'd rather wait a little longer that have to pay for shipping for each individual 7" anyway.

I don't see how you can complain. It's a subscription exclusive only 7". That was the idea, and that's what he presented. Either you want it or you don't?