Keep signatures from fading in clothes?

I just saw TBS last night (amazing!), and got shaun and john to sign my shirt. It now has all nine signatures from all the central members from TAYF on. But...some are fading. They get worse with each wash cycle. Anyone have any tips on how to protect them, while still being able to wear and wash the shirt sporadically? I figure there has to be some sort of craft store cover up or something...

Thanks a ton for any help! This is one of my most prized possessions, so I'd love to preserve it as long as possible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wear it or wash it is probably your best option.

Try washing it on the lightest possible settings, and with cold water to try to protect some of it longer.

if it's one of your prized possessions and washing it when you wear it is obviously ruining it....why would you wear it?

legit question.

If I can't wear it anymore, then it's no longer a prized possession. It's a t-shirt, I'd feel kinda stupid hanging it on the wall of stuffing it in a drawer somewhere. I also prize my vinyl copy of deja entendu, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hang it on a wall and never play it for fear of scratching it. Maybe that doesn't parallel exactly, but you get what I mean.

if it's one of your prized possessions and washing it when you wear it is obviously ruining it....why would you wear it?

legit question.

If I can't wear it anymore, then it's no longer a prized possession. It's a t-shirt, I'd feel kinda stupid hanging it on the wall of stuffing it in a drawer somewhere. I also prize my vinyl copy of deja entendu, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hang it on a wall and never play it for fear of scratching it. Maybe that doesn't parallel exactly, but you get what I mean.

Agreed but getting my t-shirt signed is always my last resort for the same reason (fading). Its always my last resort. Only real way for it not to fade is to not wash it / get it wet.

was the shirt made by sean-john by chance?

may sound like a bad joke now, but truth is, that would be hilarious.

Hahaha. You sir, have earned my +1.

This made me legitimately LOL, thanks. And I could check, but I highly doubt it since it's a TBS shirt.

And I get my records signed now, but Warner Bros. doesn't have their fucking s/t out yet, so I was a bit SOL on that trip. Maybe I can meet them again next time...God, barely got to talk at all, those fans were rabid pricks who could care less about actually talking with the members. Just wanted a sig, and get the hell out. Also, apparently they're all vinyl collectors themselves, so the S/T will be out eventually, for anyone who cares or doubted that in the first place.

And I first got it signed on that New Again tour, and I wasn't collecting records or anything else at that point, and wasn't planning on getting all the sigs at that point, either. W/e, no regrets.

washing and wearing an autographed piece of clothing is about as stupid as playing baseball with a ball signed by Babe Ruth.

Damnit, it's my shirt, and wear it I will! But I guess washing isn't absolutely necessary...

Also, Babe Ruth is way dead, and way more famous, and I'm pretty sure all members and ex-members of TBS are still touring. Can't remember what Rubano is doing this days...

washing and wearing an autographed piece of clothing is about as stupid as playing baseball with a ball signed by Babe Ruth.

Damnit, it's my shirt, and wear it I will! But I guess washing isn't absolutely necessary...

Also, Babe Ruth is way dead, and way more famous, and I'm pretty sure all members and ex-members of TBS are still touring. Can't remember what Rubano is doing this days...

Getting head from hotties.

then i guess the thousands of people who collect sports memorabilia feel not just kinda, but totally stupid for framing autographed jerseys and displaying them around their home.

this young adult is one of the dumbest and most stubborn people i've come across in a long time. "i'm actively and consciously destroying my prized possession but i refuse to stop doing the things that are destroying it. help me stop destroying it even though i won't do the only logical thing to preserve my so called prized possession."