vinyl pet peeves?

Living in Australia, the shipping of a record to here, costs as much as the record itself.

Not having ANY second hand record stores within 2 hours. And the only record store that is realisticly close, i already own everything i want from there.

And in summer, my house gets bullshit hot, so i have to pack my records away so they don't get ruined :(

that really sucks dude. get a cheap wine cooler, lol.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White paper sleeves.

Hahaha, totally agree. I believe you are like me about inner sleeves if I remember correctly. You do the MoFi sleeves right? I use the square deal type that are regular inners lined with plastic. I can't stand getting those paper scratches all over the record so the paper/plastic sleeves work wonders for that.

My few other "peeves" have already been covered here.

White paper sleeves.

Hahaha, totally agree. I believe you are like me about inner sleeves if I remember correctly. You do the MoFi sleeves right? I use the square deal type that are regular inners lined with plastic. I can't stand getting those paper scratches all over the record so the paper/plastic sleeves work wonders for that.

haha, yeah. I hate that too. Some people say they're expensive, but i don't really think they are at all. It's worth it to buy them as opposed to getting scratches all over the vinyl.

Not enough fuckin' lead-in grooves! You drop the tone arm and the needle goes skidding across the dead wax and bounces over the first several grooves of the first track causing a jarring and bone cringing sound. Pisses me off. Bomp is notorious for this. You gotta cut more than one lead-in groove, people!

International only preorders.

Europe, Australia etc. only tour edition.

I don't wanna sound rude but, being from a country outside of the US, do you know how ridiculous it is to get a US tour variant, or record release variant? Both of which are far more common than Euro/Aus.

Not to mention that very, very few bands even bother doing AUS tour varients

Not enough fuckin' lead-in grooves! You drop the tone arm and the needle goes skidding across the dead wax and bounces over the first several grooves of the first track causing a jarring and bone cringing sound. Pisses me off. Bomp is notorious for this. You gotta cut more than one lead-in groove, people!

Hate this so much! Totally agree.

haha, yeah. I hate that too. Some people say they're expensive, but i don't really think they are at all. It's worth it to buy them as opposed to getting scratches all over the vinyl.

The MoFi sleeves are the most costly but no matter how you look at it, they're more than worth it. I get 100 of the type I use for $28. I think my local shop charges $20 for 50 of the MoFi type.

I personally don't think record sleeves should ever be that flimsy cardboard crap. AFS's four year strong - Rise or Die Trying record, feels so amazing. I pick it up and I feel like I'm holding a masterpiece. Then I pick up some thin cardboard piece with a ton of crease marks and I'm all sad.

That being said, not every record needs to be in amazing quality, but they should all be a step up from that flimsy cardboard.

I also don't like white sleeves without rounded corners, and I love printed white sleeves.

The MoFi sleeves are the most costly but no matter how you look at it, they're more than worth it. I get 100 of the type I use for $28. I think my local shop charges $20 for 50 of the MoFi type.

Yeah they really are. When i first bought them and saw that they were printed on i thought that was pretty awesome for some reason. Wouldn't it be sweet to have sleeve like these, but almost like picture sleeves with print on the clear part?

Living in Australia, the shipping of a record to here, costs as much as the record itself.

Not having ANY second hand record stores within 2 hours. And the only record store that is realisticly close, i already own everything i want from there.

And in summer, my house gets bullshit hot, so i have to pack my records away so they don't get ruined :(

1: Move

2: Get air conditioning

1: Move

2: Get air conditioning

You are wise beyond your IQ level

Cheap outer sleeve. One that definitely comes to mind is the first pressing of Daytrader's EP. Damn, that thing was flimsy!

Haha that's funny that you say that about the Daytrader one cause that's just what I was thinking. And also they easily could have fit the two songs from the B Side on the front for a one-sided 12"

Cheap outer sleeve. One that definitely comes to mind is the first pressing of Daytrader's EP. Damn, that thing was flimsy!

Haha that's funny that you say that about the Daytrader one cause that's just what I was thinking. And also they easily could have fit the two songs from the B Side on the front for a one-sided 12"

- haha yeah a bunch of people (including myself) have referenced that EP. rfc said the second press will have better jackets though.

- the outer part of a record, by nature, has higher sound quality than the inner (however minute), so that's why a lot of people opt to do that.