I Wish I Had Time to Do This with My Records

One of my friends started taking pictures of his records and posting them on Facebook, and then a few others (myself included) have done the same. He'll update pretty much whenever he gets new vinyl in, I wait until I have a sizable vinyl update. His way takes a lot less time, especially because he just uses a webcam.

i'll time in on a technical note:

it looks like they were photographed on a light table

thats how he got the nice even lighting, and the "glow" look

I was thinking that as well but he has a record that I have as well.

This one to be exact.

[image]

The darker side is definitely a translucent dark swampy kind of green. I just figure if he was using a light box you'd be able to see through it. I could be wrong though.

Haha. Stupid me. Makes sense. I've been wanting to scan some translucent records for awhile.

I actually did some digging into this a while back. I was unable to find a flatbed scanner that is large enough to scan a 12" in one pass. The only scanners that large are feed-through style, which you certainly wouldn't want to actually do to a record.

Haha. Stupid me. Makes sense. I've been wanting to scan some translucent records for awhile.

I actually did some digging into this a while back. I was unable to find a flatbed scanner that is large enough to scan a 12" in one pass. The only scanners that large are feed-through style, which you certainly wouldn't want to actually do to a record.

I looked today at our copier at work and it can handle up to 12" and 600dpi, I may bring a 7" to work tomorrow, just to see how it does. I didn't think these looked scanned though, you can see a shadow on most of the covers, so using a camera for sure...