Official: Post a pic of your pet(s) thread!

My wife and I got these two guys from a shelter in South LA. We got Dexter (left) about a year and a half ago, and Murphy (right) about 6 months ago.

YZlQcl.jpg

They were both completely different dogs when we got them. They had terribly long hair and were unrecognizable from what they look like now, but they are both very happy now and they've also made my wife and I very happy. Here's a couple more pics of them.

4bUHkl.jpg

XNif1l.jpg

4lIDJl.jpg

We have our first "foster failure". We're going to be adopting Bennie. He's a mutt, and was hit by a car before we got him, and had to have one of his front legs amputated. He's the best dude ever, and our 2 other dogs love him. Time to look for a bigger house with some property!

Pre-surgery:

486252_10151159019488546_2101196138_n.jpg

The day after his surgery:

536632_10151159019643546_228228415_n.jpg

A few days ago:

406863_10151159019928546_506589249_n.jpg

My wife and I got these two guys from a shelter in South LA. We got Dexter (left) about a year and a half ago, and Murphy (right) about 6 months ago.

YZlQcl.jpg

They were both completely different dogs when we got them. They had terribly long hair and were unrecognizable from what they look like now, but they are both very happy now and they've also made my wife and I very happy. Here's a couple more pics of them.

4bUHkl.jpg

XNif1l.jpg

4lIDJl.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YZlQcl.jpg

4bUHkl.jpg

XNif1l.jpg

4lIDJl.jpg

Which shelter?

I got one of mine from Much Love in Santa Monica and the other from Death Row Dogs in Van Nuys.

Marco is our little rescue mutt. He's got Boston terrier, pit bull, and boxer in him we think.

481953_10150960045091751_2043999281_n.jpg

Wiggie (Ludwig) is our poodle boy. He's a human in a poodle suit.

391484_10150912117031751_2144561466_n.jpg

This is Mrs. Brisby. I love my little rattie girl.

556202_10150732554836751_865234299_n.jpg

Marco is a weird dog. And that's why he's perfect for our little family. lol

558497_10150679564206751_1415016779_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36022941@N07/8291169889/'>8291169889_500f8e046d.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36022941@N07/8291169889/'>IMG_0454 by http://www.flickr.com/people/36022941@N07/'>thebiglebowski1, on Flickr

Fostering an American Bulldog and her 9 puppies for a couple weeks. The pups are really small right now. Look like little rats. Eyes are still shut. Should be really cute in a week or so though.

Which shelter?

I got one of mine from Much Love in Santa Monica and the other from Death Row Dogs in Van Nuys.

The South LA Animal Shelter. We went to so many shelters to find the perfect companion to for our 1st and he ended up being at the same shelter we got the first from.

Here's a couple new pics of them...

Dexter

AIOEAl.jpg

Murphy

ori8sl.jpg

Man. Momma just went at my dog (who was helpless. She is older and smaller and got totally dominated). My dog has some scrapes and some bite marks but nothing too bad. I pried them apart and am keeping them separate for now. She got my fingers a bit as I was prying her jaws open.

The shelter said that she never had a problem with other dogs. When I introduced them earlier, she was definitely a little defensive and didn't let my dog get between her and the pups, but she didn't attack. I can't get inside the dogs head but I think that the difference is that before she wasn't attached to us. Now she is seeing us as HER owners, in HER house, with HER food, and she doesn't want another dog moving in on that. She tries to follow me all over my house.

Anyone really know how this works and want to shed some light on it? Obviously, I have to tell the shelter about the incident to prevent her from going to a home with another dog and the pups are going to be kept with their momma and adopted, regardless. Because she got into a tussle with my dog, is she no longer able to be adopted? Or do they let dogs go and say "she is cool with humans but be careful around other dogs"? She has been super nice to every person so far, even strangers around her pups.

I'm not sure if I can keep her and her pups as a foster anymore, either. They are separate now and my dog isn't in danger, but you never know over 4 weeks if someone leaves a door open or whatever. I don't regret fostering but ya know, I have to look out for my dog.

Fuckin sucks

And in case anyone is wondering, this interaction happened upstairs while the pups were downstairs. My dog has hips that are so bad she can't do stairs, so she can't get anywhere near the pups. In rereading that it kind sounded like I was letting my dog get near the pups. Wouldn't do that.