Official: Post a pic of your pet(s) thread!

don't let your dog anywhere near either the litter or the adopted dog. she's just being maternal around her puppies and shouldn't have any other dogs around her during that time. even if she's not anywhere near her litter. it's just added stress. even if they knew each other for years, she'd still be the same way. it's in her nature. litter trumps anything for that time. most bitches are like that.

once the litter open their eyes and are able to get around, eat and drink for themselves, or momma doesn't have to look after them anymore try introducing your dog again first to the mother, then the children. always be around as a "just in case". then after that they'll figure out the dominance roll amongst themselves and everything will go back to normal after a few months.

hope this helps. 

Yeah, those comments make sense. It just happened so quick. Went from both dogs wagging tails (upstairs, far away from the pups) to my dog being pinned to the ground in the others jaws. As suggested, I am just going to keep them separated, tell the shelter about it, and suggest that she doesn't go to a home with another dog but what happens after I'm done is out of my hands so not gonna worry about it. It's hard to write in words, but I get the feeling it wasn't a "stay away from my puppies" bite as a "I am the dominant dog of this house and if you don't submit I am going to make you" bite. My sister baking and the house smelling like food probably played a part. My dog probably should have backed down but she didn't and got her ass beat.

Oh well, I'm on my toes with it now. Shouldn't be anymore problems. It just had me worked up last night.

Things have been quiet between my dog and the foster mom. I just keep them totally separate. It's a little annoying but whatever, much better than another confrontation.

Lost a pup yesterday. It was kinda whimpering a lot the day before, I thought it was just being a baby. The next morning I picked it up and it was pretty cold and whimpering a lot more. Put it by a space heater for a little bit and tried to get it to the vet but he didn't make it there. They said it was natural causes, not a disease.

It's a bummer but I have a clean conscious we did all we could. The other 8 are doing great. One little chubster is already over 3 pounds! That's at about 3 weeks old. I'll post a new pic when I can.

Yikes. I just figured out the foster dog has worms. I let her out and noticed them moving around a little in her poop. I'm pretty pissed about this. You would think that the effing animal shelter would have the dog shit and look for worms before they sent it out, especially a dog that looks like it could have been a stray (very thin. you can see her ribs). I never deal with them directly, though. My sister does that part, I just agreed to let these guys crash at my home for a couple weeks and do some feeding.

Anyone had experience with them before? How pervasive / contagious are they? These ones are long and really thin, maybe a couple inches, and white. I am going to go through the proper veterinary channels to get this taken care of, not just post here (obviously). I am just worried about it being picked up by my dog. I have used antibacterial hand sanitizer anytime I touched a dog before this anyways so I am not worried about me (assuming that they could infect a human. Not sure if they are species specific).

Freaking stupid, though. They could have taken care of this at the humane society.

Yikes. I just figured out the foster dog has worms. I let her out and noticed them moving around a little in her poop. I'm pretty pissed about this. You would think that the effing animal shelter would have the dog shit and look for worms before they sent it out, especially a dog that looks like it could have been a stray (very thin. you can see her ribs). I never deal with them directly, though. My sister does that part, I just agreed to let these guys crash at my home for a couple weeks and do some feeding.

Anyone had experience with them before? How pervasive / contagious are they? These ones are long and really thin, maybe a couple inches, and white. I am going to go through the proper veterinary channels to get this taken care of, not just post here (obviously). I am just worried about it being picked up by my dog. I have used antibacterial hand sanitizer anytime I touched a dog before this anyways so I am not worried about me (assuming that they could infect a human. Not sure if they are species specific).

Freaking stupid, though. They could have taken care of this at the humane society.

They should deffinatley worm all of the dogs before sending them out. Its very easy and cheap. I work at a dog knnel and we worm the puppies every couple of weeks. You can get dewormer at a pet store I think walmart even has it. The kind we use is called strongid. Anyways it should have instructions on there but it usually comes in a liquid and is given per weight. I would worm all the dogs, how old are the puppies? Im not positive if they have to be a certain age to be dewrormed but they will deffinatley need to be if their mom has worms. Alson i would worm them all again in a couple of weeks to make sure they didnt get them again

330xxjm.jpg

this is my roommates cat, bootsy. I think it likes me more than her though. I was not a cat person before I met her/him. now i love the heck out of that thing.

(we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, vet said girl, but a few people on different occasions have seen a penis? is that even possible?)

Maybe 3 weeks old. I don't know their exact birthdate.

Cool, thanks for the info. Gonna deworm the shit out of all of them (after confirming with the vet that the puppies are old enough for it).

Does this frequently come back? I'm just wondering if since this dog shit in my backyard with worms and eggs in it, is the yard pretty much contaminated for a while and my dog is going to be at risk? Does the snow / cold kill the worms / eggs? I'm hoping it does but at the same time, parasites are evolved to survive and spread. If cold killed them all the time I'm not sure how they would still be around.

330xxjm.jpg

this is my roommates cat, bootsy. I think it likes me more than her though. I was not a cat person before I met her/him. now i love the heck out of that thing.

(we don't know if it's a boy or a girl, vet said girl, but a few people on different occasions have seen a penis? is that even possible?)

It's a vaginis.

Lol. Hermaphrodite cat. I guess it's possible? They have x and y chromosomes just like us, and sometimes they get screwed up. But more than likely it is just a girl I'm sure.

8 of these little guys running around my basement right now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36022941@N07/8352098630/'>8352098630_04929f821f.jpg

They are starting to get their legs under them and move around a bit. I built this pen for them:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36022941@N07/8352099190/'>8352099190_7d8b67492a.jpg

I know its a shitty picture. It's working out awesome so far. The sump pump is in the corner. So a little bit of scrubbing to clean things up, then I push it all down the hole and the pump sends it outside. They get some room to move around but the mess is contained to that little corner in my basement. I think they are gonna be little balls of trouble in a week, though...