NHL PLayoffs

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, roberts better be playing on monday, they need more physicality. the way they were getting leveled going to the blue line was kind of pathetic. but then again, they haven't played against a team like Detroit in my eyes. game two will be awesome, you can't keep shutting down the pens power play game after game, look for the PP to come up big

Guest kylewilliam

crosby is always extremely underrated when it comes to how physical his play is. he isn't afraid to take or give a hit.

as far as roberts, i understand he is old and not as fast as new NHLers, but he has the experience that the Pens need on the ice against a team with 20+ stanley cup rings already dispersed through a multitude of their players' hands. It was dumb to keep him out, and after game 1 they wont make that mistake again.

the team that always plays the most phyical against sid is the cryers, and sidney feasts on them. it's been that way since his rookie season when hatcher broke some of his teeth, he got a little work done, came back out and scored a goal in regulation and the OT winner. he's averaged 2 PPG against them in his career.

i don't like BGL sitting. i'd rather see hall out. i'm not mikey though, so can't speak to his reasoning.

Very disappointed Pens fan here. They were totally outclassed by Detroit. Osgood playing amazing isn't helping, but overall Detroit is just looking like they've "been there before", and it kind of looks like men vs. boys out there. Malkin, good job trying to be a tough guy at the end there, I wasn't sure if you were dressed or not. Same with Hossa...where the hell is he? Also, I totally understand the "try to end the game with the rough stuff and give Detroit something to think about before we go back home" mentality, but the problem is the Pens aren't going to intimidate Detroit. The only thing Detroit needs to worry about is staying on course and not letting them back in the series like they did with Dallas. Finally, head shots at Franzen? Pretty classless. And Talbot looks like an idiot trying to run around and hit everybody (and usually missing). Maybe someone on the Pens should learn from Kronwall and line somebody up cleanly. Man, the Pens are frustrating me right now.

Finally, head shots at Franzen? Pretty classless. And Talbot looks like an idiot trying to run around and hit everybody (and usually missing). Maybe someone on the Pens should learn from Kronwall and line somebody up cleanly.

i wasn't gonna touch on this, since im a wings fan. but im glad this got acknowledged. it's not cool at any level.

i'm looking at you mr. roberts.

the pens D is playing terrible. they need to put guys on their asses.

also, Osgood is the biggest fucking pussy alive. he flops worse than any goalie i've ever seen. that hit in dallas was ridicuouls, but then tonigh he was diving all over the place. i liked him skating over and crosschecking malone then flopping down for an interfenee call. then at the end there, he barely gets touched and lays on the ice for a fucking min like a pussy.

Not much to say, Detroit is playing out of their mind right now. Some of the best hockey I've seen. However, the Pens are playing the worst I've seen them all year.

Osgood is kind of a joke though. I'm glad Detroit fans are pretty classy and not calling Crosby a diver or a whiner all the time when they have him in the cage.

I just got a postcard from Crosby, Hossa, and Malkin. There's a nice picture of Hawaii on the front and on the back they wrote something about probably showing up at the Igloo on Wednesday.

So depressed.