The Demise of Media Mail?

probably a stupid question: how is media mail handled differently than things shipped regular ol' first class rate?

Media mail is cheaper and only really can contain anything related to media: books, dvds, cds, vinyl, manuscripts etc. All I know is that to ship LPs first class is more expensive.

i realize its cheaper for 7"'s, was responding to this quote.

Media mail is cheaper and only really can contain anything related to media: books, dvds, cds, vinyl, manuscripts etc. All I know is that to ship LPs first class is more expensive.

i realize its cheaper for 7"'s, was responding to this quote.

Ah you are correct. My bad. Meant parcel post

Like was stated earlier first class usually goes out right away, maybe a day or 2 delay. Media mail goes out when it can fit. I have shipped records all over the place and have never had a problem with arrival time or condition of records. That's over 10 years of shipping media mail/book rate as well. I ship records to Denver on the regular. Sometimes it's there in a few days, sometimes a week and a half. Still, I'll take that $4 option any day. Package your records with double cardboard and write a "fragile, please do not bend" and 99 times out of 100 you're golden.