FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Daiei

fuck. ever figure out why they were so mad?
Apparently I shoved the ring leader on my way to the bathroom. I was doing that tap, nudge maneuver to let people know I was coming through because it was seriously wall-to-wall bodies, and the kid was pissed about. Then I laughed when he said that was why he was pissed and that he was going to beat my ass, so I said, "ok, whatever" and started walking away and got blind-sided.

I guess that's what I get for assuming most people didn't actually start fights at bars over trivial things.

I had a big fight similar to this in 2003 at Maxwell's. I preface this with I was drunk, so no mature solution was going to come.

I was in the back talking to a friend, I walked to the front where my girlfriend was to see some guy grab her in the chest, turn to his friends and laugh. What I thought was maybe an accident happened a second time. Seeing him laugh infuriated me so I walked up to him and started the fight. I floored him straight off but his buddy got me in the back of the head and a huge bar fight erupted with quite a few people taking on this group of frat boys (it was a Drive By Truckers show so you'll get a few of those). I wound up on the ground wailing the guys ribs until security took me off him. I threw the first punch but they were taken out which makes me wonder why security waited for these guys to piss someone off enough escalate. People bought me beers all night - they'd been doing this all evening. Sober I would have probably walked away but drunk and younger I wasn't going to.

The Drive By Truckers made some assinine comments about why it's ok to touch women in any way you want after the fight settled down - I've never listened to them again since. It was honestly one of the dumbest and most sexist rants I've ever heard from a stage.

Was I right to punch the guy? I try to avoid this sort of stuff but if someone had it coming he did. I've been in a few scrapes over the years but overall 99% of fights are avoidable and stupid. I wish it didn't happen I suppose but I have no regrets over this one.

I'll preface this by saying I've always enjoyed fighting. I grew up boxing and beating up school bullies. I hate tough guy assholes. I hate UFC and any fag that wears a tapout shirt (has anybody else noticed that people who wear UFC related clothing usually can't fight worth a shit?).

Coming from somebody who gets in a lot of fights at the bar, always stand your ground. Somebody will step in and help you. If you don't/won't stand up for yourself, then you deserve the beating you get.

I'm 6'1" and I used to be a fat drunk fuck and weigh 240+, so most people wouldn't start shit. A few years ago I got stomach cancer and dropped to 160. Now people see a skinny, weak guy (with pink/purple hair, a slinky and a nose ring, which apparently makes me a fag.) who's easy to beat up... until somebody pisses me off at the bar. The moment you sucker punch me is your last "tough guy" moment before I break your nose with my skull.

As for blocking a fire exit/walking path: if I have to piss and I ask you to move, then move. I only ask once. If you cop some stupid attitude or tell me to go around, you'll end up on your back as I drag you outside by your collar and make sure you don't come back to my bar.

All bar fights are over stupid, trivial bullshit. If you need your friends to fight just one person, you're a bitch.

On a funny note to stupid tough guys: if you're going to call me a fag and then try to fight me, you'd better fucking win because you'll be really embarrassed in front of all your awesome friends when you get asked, "You ever have your ass beat by a fag?" and then said "fag" proceeds to beat the living shit out of you.

Alcohol makes me extremely violent. That's why I don't really ever drink any more. Well, that and the cancer.

Saw a fight last night at a show. Some greaser with combat boots, denim jacket, etc. full out kicked this kid's shin in (he couldn't have been more than 15) and the kid gets him in the face 2 or 3 times before the guitarist from the band stopped, took off his guitar, grabbed the greaser kid by the throat and threw him out the back door. It was a pretty good time.

I'll preface this by saying I've always enjoyed fighting. I grew up boxing and beating up school bullies. I hate tough guy assholes. I hate UFC and any fag that wears a tapout shirt (has anybody else noticed that people who wear UFC related clothing usually can't fight worth a shit?).

Coming from somebody who gets in a lot of fights at the bar, always stand your ground. Somebody will step in and help you. If you don't/won't stand up for yourself, then you deserve the beating you get.

I'm 6'1" and I used to be a fat drunk fuck and weigh 240+, so most people wouldn't start shit. A few years ago I got stomach cancer and dropped to 160. Now people see a skinny, weak guy (with pink/purple hair, a slinky and a nose ring, which apparently makes me a fag.) who's easy to beat up... until somebody pisses me off at the bar. The moment you sucker punch me is your last "tough guy" moment before I break your nose with my skull.

As for blocking a fire exit/walking path: if I have to piss and I ask you to move, then move. I only ask once. If you cop some stupid attitude or tell me to go around, you'll end up on your back as I drag you outside by your collar and make sure you don't come back to my bar.

All bar fights are over stupid, trivial bullshit. If you need your friends to fight just one person, you're a bitch.

On a funny note to stupid tough guys: if you're going to call me a fag and then try to fight me, you'd better fucking win because you'll be really embarrassed in front of all your awesome friends when you get asked, "You ever have your ass beat by a fag?" and then said "fag" proceeds to beat the living shit out of you.

Alcohol makes me extremely violent. That's why I don't really ever drink any more. Well, that and the cancer.

you heard it here first.

i can get down with a little scrappage. not one to talk shit or start a fight ever, but i have been in quite a few fistacuffs. lots of dudes are tools down here in atlanta. the closest i have been to a fight in the last six years was pretty recently. i was at a bar with some friends and this guy comes up wasted and talking all kinds of shit, swearing he could "beat the shit outta all you fags". we were mostly just talking circles around him so then he tried to single out my girlfriend and call her "fag-hag" and all this other bullshit. at this point i told him we were done laughing at him and he needed to leave. he then went on again about beating my ass. funny part is the dude was like 5'3 and around 120lbs, not to mention stumbling around drunk. im 6'1 and 175lbs and had maybe two beers. i stood up and said "you need to leave or your going to have to 'beat my ass'". one of his friends ran up and grabbed him and apolgized and dragged him off to their table. ten minutes goes by and the dude shoots a spit ball at one of the other girls with us and i immediately jumped up, grabbed his drink off the table and dumped it on him. the then apologized and tried to shake my hand. shit was to good. his friends and i all had a laugh. i havent seen him around our bar since.

I'm 5'6 and weak, so I don't really approve fighting, but I've been suckerpunched blindly for no reason.

Once, I was walking home with friends from a frisbee game and some kid started yelling at me and I had no idea who he was and then he hit me hard and my friend took him to the ground and then we walked away.........

Last year, I saw a car accident and ran to help. A taxi crashed into another car. I was at the other car, so I was trying to help the people inside, but the doors on the left side wouldn't open. I ran to the right side, and some dude came up to me and started yelling at me, like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, LOOK AT MY GIRLFRIEND SHES HURT" or some shit, and then he started hitting me and kicking me. (he must have thought I was the driver)..

I was asked by the cops later if I was gonna sue, and I had initially said no. Four hours later I finally went home, and found out he hit my hearing aid out. I immediately called the police and told them I wanted to press charges to get money back for a new hearing aid cause they cost a ton, and the cops said okay we will.

They never took the name of the person who hit me, even though he was the passenger in the taxi. Sucks.

moral of the story, I'm a pussy, fight back.

you sound like an asshole.

sorry about your cancer.

being a very large guy, i rarely get into fights... because most people prolly think twice about it...

altho a couple years ago at the AM!/ALk3 tour date, my friend and i are getting a lil rowdy to AM! singing along and whatnot... and some jarhead type with his superemo GF who's there to see Alk3 grabs my shirt byt he neck and gets in my face.... before i can do anything my friend John turns around, cold cocks the guy (who's twice his size) and then yells at it him "you don't ever lay a hand on my friends"... funniest part? security watched the whole thing.. and since i was promoting the show.. they dragged him and his gf out of the club for starting a fight... best fight ever

you sound like an asshole.

sorry about your cancer.

Kind of. I'm mostly just short tempered and can't stand overtly rude people or especially stupid people. My step-dad beat my ass every day for nine years simply because I wasn't his son and I've been homeless for about 1/4 of my life so I've learned to deal with problems a bit more proactively (if you think fighting isn't proactive then I wish you luck when the guy you "talked it out with" comes back later and stabs you) so I can get the fuck away from them. I guess I'm an asshole for standing up for myself, my beliefs and my friends. I hope you never need saving in a fight...

I don't care about the cancer. Shit happens. We all die some time, right?

The most I've ever done in a fight is pull someone off of a buddy of mine who got blind sided during a stupid argument. I'd get my ass kicked if I ever had to really fight.

I'm terrible at fighting, but I punch people a lot and I can take a good beating.

One time I got beat up by a bunch of skinheads and another time I got clubbed over the head with skateboards. I also took a golf club to the face in Youngstown, but ended up winning that fight.

The point is: if you're gonna be dumb you better be tough.

I'm 5'6 and weak, so I don't really approve fighting, but I've been suckerpunched blindly for no reason.

Once, I was walking home with friends from a frisbee game and some kid started yelling at me and I had no idea who he was and then he hit me hard and my friend took him to the ground and then we walked away.........

Last year, I saw a car accident and ran to help. A taxi crashed into another car. I was at the other car, so I was trying to help the people inside, but the doors on the left side wouldn't open. I ran to the right side, and some dude came up to me and started yelling at me, like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING, LOOK AT MY GIRLFRIEND SHES HURT" or some shit, and then he started hitting me and kicking me. (he must have thought I was the driver)..

I was asked by the cops later if I was gonna sue, and I had initially said no. Four hours later I finally went home, and found out he hit my hearing aid out. I immediately called the police and told them I wanted to press charges to get money back for a new hearing aid cause they cost a ton, and the cops said okay we will.

They never took the name of the person who hit me, even though he was the passenger in the taxi. Sucks.

That is REALLY fucking irritating. I can understand the guy was frustrated/panicking/whatever, but you were just trying to do a good deed and you got fucked over by it.

Especially those cops, good for nothing most of the time.

That is REALLY fucking irritating. I can understand the guy was frustrated/panicking/whatever, but you were just trying to do a good deed and you got fucked over by it.

Especially those cops, good for nothing most of the time.

Yeah it sucked. I had a nice bruise to prove my manliness though.