what type of phone do you have?

picked the last choice.

i'm using a very OLD nokia....

me too, I totally don't care for these smartphone bullshit, for me a phone should be able to make calls and texts, and that's it, not to mention I don't need care for it at all. I fuck up way too many hours on the internet when I'm home, so I don't need that "on the road".

I don't have a smart phone either and I get by just fine. I think it'd be nice to have the GPS and stuff like that, but every friend I know has a smart phone so I just use there's.

It is pretty handy for on the go banking, e-mail and other things like that.

Not sure if the MIUI ROM is ported to many new 4G devices, but it's essentially a beefed out iOS ROM for Android. I ran it for a while on my Droid X but decided to go back to Cyanogen because I missed being able to delete specific notifications instead of Clear All. My wife is running it on here Droid 2 and loves it. Lots and lots of theme and customization options that you can do through a Theme Manager opposed to flashing a .zip!

• 3 weeks later...

posted a thread for this, thought i'd share here just in case. sorry for the infiltration, but i figure it never hurts to ask.

I work for Verizon.

My market's contest has a bunch of awesome prizes available in this month's contest (xBox 360, Wii, Droid Bionic, Vegas trip, Seahawks tix, etc.). I'll hook you up big time on phone pricing if you're starting a new line.

Smartphones, basic phones, mobile broadband, home phone, anything. I will straight discount the phone below activation pricing for you if you'll switch. (We're sometimes talking $50 for a smartphone and some basic phones even pay you (free +$50 back).

Plan prices are almost identical to AT&T but you'll have at least twice the 4G data speeds with Verizon's LTE and much better coverage (not to mention never dropping a call). We give discounts on your plan to almost any employee of any business. All you have to do is provide a pay stub and ID. (8% - 27% discounts)

Let me know, it never hurts to ask.

Nathan

317.258.3850 (call or text)

[email protected]

still rockin the 3GS.. holding out for the 5!

Apparently, October 1 is for real.

Also, word to the wise: Apple said they would not put out a 4G device in 2011. October 1 is in 2011. Even if the i5 is the coolest device ever, it will be, on average, 10x slower on the Internet than everyone with a 4G Android. #justsayin