David Bazan Living Room Shows

Saw him in Chicago in June. Waited a damn hour for him to come on after Cotton Jones left the stage. Got to the stage and never apologized or said anything about having sound issues. One of my favorite musicians ever but not going back to see him for a while after that crap. It was a damn shame because they killed it last night. I guess it could have been worse. I saw Modest Mouse one time in Birmingham, Alabama. Took 2 and half hours for them to come on after Man-Man played.

Saw him in Chicago in June. Waited a damn hour for him to come on after Cotton Jones left the stage. Got to the stage and never apologized or said anything about having sound issues. One of my favorite musicians ever but not going back to see him for a while after that crap. It was a damn shame because they killed it last night. I guess it could have been worse. I saw Modest Mouse one time in Birmingham, Alabama. Took 2 and half hours for them to come on after Man-Man played.

I'm sure it's possible it's the band's fault in these cases, but in my experience it's the venue's fault when that happens. There are certain venues where I always arrive way late (unless I'm really into the opener) because this happens every time I see a show there. I think it's usually a ploy to sell more drinks. Most people don't buy drinks once the show starts, so they make everyone bored and give them plenty of time to get through a couple beers first.

when did Modest Mouse play birmingham, and where?

• 3 weeks later...