new tattoo appresh

i don't think that i'd ever get a band's name or logo tattooed on me. it just seems super cheesy to me, unless it's some iconic band (see, black flag bars, etc)

my woman has a smashing pumpkins heart with the lyrics "the days are much too bright" on the inside of her forearm.

best thing is, she did it for me, cos i'm captain obsesso and she's just a casual fan.

it was an awesome surprise when she came home with it.

i would never get a tat of a band that i wasn't sure i would eternally love.

like, will that cat still be jamming Say Anything when he's 60?

probably not.

but you can be damn sure i'll still be playing siamese dream at maximum volume at least once a month for the rest of my life.

i wouldnt go directly for a bands name.. probably not even a lyric.

but if i did, i would justify it by knowing that if it means enough to me now, then at least i could look fondly back at what made me love _____.

i dont find it nearly as ridiculous when people get a bands name tattooed as when people get super-depressing emo shit lyrics plastered across them. youll grow up someday, but itll be impossible for anyone to look at you, or even to look at yourself in the mirror without looking like a 57 yr-old whiny bitch.

i don't think that i'd ever get a band's name or logo tattooed on me. it just seems super cheesy to me, unless it's some iconic band (see, black flag bars, etc)

ive got quite a few band tattoos. i dont regret any of them. each of them remind me of certain memories at different times of my life. if got

Misfits x3

Descendents

Lower Class Brats

Germs

Bad Religion

KISS (gene simmons portrait)

Black Flag

Blink 182

Leftover Crack

i think thats it? i cant post pictures of them if any of you are interested in seeing any particular one.

ill probably get around to posting all or most of my tattoo work soon

ive got quite a few band tattoos. i dont regret any of them. each of them remind me of certain memories at different times of my life.

this. most of my tattoos are band related.

Manic Street Preachers (x4)

Mogwai

Sigur Ros (x2)

MONO

The Loved Ones

Blink 182

The Wildhearts

I'm about to get at Teenage Bottlerocket skull and rockets image in the next couple weeks.

Somebody find the kid with the "Paid To Make Girls Panic" tattoo up his side. Classic.

EDIT: Found it...

[image]

i believe his name was ryan. he was a regular on the brand new boards.

Well I don't really need to defend my tattoo because I got it for my own reasons and not just because I heard a say anything song yesterday and thought it was catchy(; but because the words say anything could also mean a ton of different things, it's an expression that many can use(;

Either way, I love it and I'll love it forever(:

ive got quite a few band tattoos. i dont regret any of them. each of them remind me of certain memories at different times of my life.

Mogwai

Sigur Ros (x2)

MONO

The Loved Ones

Blink 182

The Wildhearts

I'm about to get at Teenage Bottlerocket skull and rockets image in the next couple weeks.

Dude, lets see those MSP tattoos.

Mogwai

Sigur Ros (x2)

MONO

The Loved Ones

Blink 182

The Wildhearts

Dude, lets see those MSP tattoos.

i can only assume one is a generation terrorists rose.

which would actually be pretty sweet.