new tattoo appresh

Not on me, but my wife did this amazing Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark tattoo.

[image]

And since I haven't posted any of her work in like a year here are some more she's done recently.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

This is the last one I got.

[image]

This one is still in progress

[image]

And here are some more cause why not.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

And lastly, a personal favorite.

[image]

loki, i love emily's work. i've got a few ideas floating around in my head for a tribute tattoo for when my grandparents are all gone (i've luckily still got 3 of the 4 living, but two aren't doing very well and the other one was just in the hospital with some blood clots in her brain, so it got me to thinking...). hopefully it won't be for a few more years, at least, but i'd love for her to be able to work on me when the time does come. maybe by that time you guys will be up in chicago, anyway, so it would be a little easier to make it happen??

loki, i love emily's work. i've got a few ideas floating around in my head for a tribute tattoo for when my grandparents are all gone (i've luckily still got 3 of the 4 living, but two aren't doing very well and the other one was just in the hospital with some blood clots in her brain, so it got me to thinking...). hopefully it won't be for a few more years, at least, but i'd love for her to be able to work on me when the time does come. maybe by that time you guys will be up in chicago, anyway, so it would be a little easier to make it happen??

If for some reason we aren't there yet when that time comes we've got contacts there with shops that would probably let her do a guest spot. She'll be honored that you like her work that much.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':j5e66mgv]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':j5e66mgv]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

:( i know, dude. if you ever need somebody to chat with, you know you can always PM me. it's easy to feel down about things, and i slip into that rut sometimes myself, but it's much better to remember the good times you shared with that person instead. to remember all the great things about them that made them who they were, and that helped create incredible memories that you share together.

my mom's dad passed away december 27, 2001. i had just turned 15 a month earlier, and had never known him as a healthy man. the last 5 years of his life were spent in and out of hospitals, for extended periods of time. the 10 years prior to that, he wasn't exactly a physical specimen, either. he was wheelchair-bound almost all of my later childhood. i can't tell you the number of holidays we "celebrated" together in a hospital room. 4 different times in those last few years we had gotten calls saying "you need to get to the hospital NOW if you want to say goodbye. he won't be here in another hour" only to have him fight through it. the man was a medical marvel, for real.

the thing with pennies is that he collected coins during his life. nothing serious, just here and there if he found a special one. so when he was going to die, my grandma said to him "when you're in heaven, you better leave me a sign to let me know you're still here, too" and he said "i'll leave you pennies." after he died, we were finding pennies ALL. OVER. it was nuts. and not like "oh, there's a penny in the street, how crazy!" but things like, my parents were building a house in south carolina and there was a brand new shiny penny in a place where there should absolutely have not been one. or my grandma moved out of her old place and as they were cleaning out the furniture and stuff, there were pennies randomly all over the place. it sounds stupid, but every time i see a penny on the ground, i still always think of him, and this is 9 years later now.

and i know it sounds like a half sleeve, which is why i would need her help condensing it. i don't want my entire body to be covered in tattoos. i love the way it looks on some people, but it just isn't for me i don't think. i've got a few ideas running through my head, but i'm sure emily could do something much cooler than me since she's got the experience and artistic creativity that i don't.

Your lady's stuff looks great as always, JM. If I'm ever in your area I'll certainly be looking her up.

Here's my first tattoo. Just got it yesterday at Three Kings here in Brooklyn. I think above the keys in cursive I'm gonna get 'The worst is over'

[image]

This picture made me realize that I never posted a picture of mine when I got it done back in March.

It's damn hard to get a decent shot from this angle, but whatever.

[image]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FINALLY got a call back from Scapegoat Tattoo in PDX. I went in back in July/August to see about setting up a consult/appt. I went it tonight for a quick consult and I've got two appointments set up in the next month to start on some work I want done. So fucking stoked. That and the artist and I talked about Mastodon, Baroness, Kylesa, and Russian Circles for a bit. I see this blossoming into a beautiful partnership.

Forgot about this thread. One more session on my arm and then on to my ribs.

That's a fucking rad sleeve, I had a similar idea recently but decided against it since I didn't really think of it for very long...I love the idea but don't think it's appropriate for myself.

Here is what I do have so far:

[image]

[image]

[image]

here's the accordion bit before I finished the rest of the coloring:

[image]

And lastly on my calf:

[image]

I want to move up on the sleeve but don't know if I want to continue the music theme, there's only so much you can do with that. I have no other ideas though. Also the blue bits aren't leopard print, he said in the beginning it was going to look like an explosion...if I do move upwards I want to somehow fix or blend that part in so it doesn't look how it currently does.