La Dispute - Wildlife PO

Can I still get into heaven if I kill myself? - king park...holy fuck.

This is the most emotionally intense album I've heard. Heavy heavy stuff

my girlfriend and i both had the same reaction when we heard that line. i've been listening to my download and i'm falling in love with this album. i might even be liking it more as a whole album than i do somewhere...on first listen, i'd say edit your hometown is my favorite, but like i said the whole album is fantastic i can't wait for the pre-order to ship.

I SEE EVERYTHING

Like any morning of my junior year I stumble in the classroom late but this day I see
Faces, I feel an air like a funeral, like a wake, as I sit dow.
My teacher speaking, somewhat somberly, but still confident and calm. 
Part eulogy, her speech, and part poem, part celebration song.
Her warmth and smile, she passes photocopies out to us of entries from a journal
Kept so long ago. She starts to read and suddenly it’s 1980.

March 5—The cancer is furious but our son is resilient, we have all the faith we’ll get through this no matter what the end. Treatments are violent but he keeps on smiling. It’s amazing finding joy in the little things.

April 12—Andrew’s appetites improved and we thank God everyday. But still it’s hard sometimes to see him in that scarecrow frame.

July 9—There’s a suffering when I look in his eyes. He’s been through so much. We’ve all been through so much but what incredible resolve our little boy shows, only 7, standing face to face with death. He said it’s easy to find people who have suffered worse than him. “Like Jesus, suffered worse than anyone,” he told me last night, “when God abandoned him.”

September 20—We’ve been playing in the yard lately and spirits are high although his blood counts aren’t.

October 14—He feels tired all the time.

November 30—At the hospital again. It feels like home when we’re here.

December 8—He’s getting worse.

January 19—We buried our son today, our youngest child, and while his death was ugly we must not let it scare us from God. Abundant grace has restored him. A brand new body. And set him free from the torture, finally rid of the cancer. Before the moment he left he briefly wrested from death, suddenly opened his eyes, said,
“I SEE EVERYTHING. I SEE EVERYTHING.”

And I will never forget it, the peace and the comfort you displayed through a pain that I can only imagine. The loss of a child to the torture of cancer. Help me. Because I can only imagine how you recovered, kept your faith and held the brightness of life inside the smile of a child you had to bury. And I will never forget him or your steadfast faith. No, I will never forget you. Now six or seven years later, I’m devoid of all faith. I am empty of comfort and I am weary of waiting. though I’ve felt nowhere what you have, I see nothing at all. Though I’ve felt nowhere what he did, my eyes are closed.

and pre-ordered.

Must wait until vinyl arrives.... but reading all these comments has me so excited. Didn't really like the latest split they did with Koji, but loved Somewhere... and the TA split. Am I in for a treat?

Yes! I had the same sentiment for the Koji, which seems to be common. But the lyrics are more in line with the TA split than anything else, which makes sense. I haven't listened to the last couple songs yet, but so far the music does seem less energetic, which is a bit of a disappointment for me. Feel like it needs more ups, idk...but the music is still great, and there are parts that stick out as an obvious progression from anything they've released previously. And to agree with everyone else, my reaction to King Park was unlike anything I've had to a song before.

haha so what. this band is from the town i currently live in and after seeing them a million times i'm sick of them. get over it.

im from new jersey and have seen thursday a million times and am not sick of them yet, get over it no devolution rocks socks man.

but seriously, i am very much looking forward to this on vinyl, the mp3 isnt exactly blowing my hair back the way 'somewhere..' did. dont worry i'm going to give it a bunch more listens before i get official on judging it.

Before I saw them play I was expecting the live vocals to be awful, because their YouTube videos don't exactly sound the greatest. But I saw them at Krazyfest and was absolutely blown away. Jordans vocals were spot on and executed with so much passion. The whole LD/TA split was performed between both bands sets, featuring the guest vocals on each song. Such a good show.

This CD could be fucking amazing if it had better vocals. I really can't get into them. I love his lyrics, vocal patterns, and passion, but just the sound of his voice when he gets louder is horrible.

I'd even prefer if he stayed within his "speaking" range throughout the CD. Love listening to his stories, straight up poetry.

This CD could be fucking amazing if it had better vocals. I really can't get into them. I love his lyrics, vocal patterns, and passion, but just the sound of his voice when he gets louder is horrible.

I'd even prefer if he stayed within his "speaking" range throughout the CD. Love listening to his stories, straight up poetry.

I'm guessing you burned it on a CD-R and listened to it on your discman.

Straight up.

I'm guessing you burned it on a CD-R and listened to it on your discman.

Straight up.

Yeah, I did. Guess I should have put album :P

I think "I See Everything" is my favorite track right now...intense.