NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL - Self-released Box Set

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to the downloads of unreleased songs :)

I'm wondering what's taking so long on this. Throwing the files up on Bandcamp seems like it would take 10 seconds. The only reason I can think of would be that they don't want to make these songs available to everyone before those who ordered the vinyl get their packages?

I can't wait to have these babies on my iPod, but still, getting to here some of this stuff, like Little Birds, in good quality instead of shitty MP3s is wonderful.

Looking forward to the downloads of unreleased songs :)

I'm wondering what's taking so long on this. Throwing the files up on Bandcamp seems like it would take 10 seconds. The only reason I can think of would be that they don't want to make these songs available to everyone before those who ordered the vinyl get their packages?

I can't wait to have these babies on my iPod, but still, getting to here some of this stuff, like Little Birds, in good quality instead of shitty MP3s is wonderful.

yeah, they're probably waiting for people to get their vinyl. and that is understandable.

• 2 weeks later...

just an update for anyone who is interested - looks like my order was "misplaced" as well... lucky I'm on vinyl collective, otherwise I wouldn't have caught this.

Date: 17 January 2012 5:41:35 AM AEDT

To: Ben

Subject: Re: Inquiry regarding order #

Hey Ben, you certainly should have seen your copy by now... I've checked our shipping records, and can't find your order anywhere, a bad sign indeed. Terribly sorry for the mistake, I'm really not sure how yours fell through the cracks. In any case, I'll bump you to the top of the list and have a replacement sent out with the next round, very sorry again!

Hunter

NMH Records

just an update for anyone who is interested - looks like my order was "misplaced" as well... lucky I'm on vinyl collective, otherwise I wouldn't have caught this.

Hey Ben, you certainly should have seen your copy by now... I've checked our shipping records, and can't find your order anywhere, a bad sign indeed. Terribly sorry for the mistake, I'm really not sure how yours fell through the cracks. In any case, I'll bump you to the top of the list and have a replacement sent out with the next round, very sorry again!

Hunter

NMH Records

yeah i had the same experience, i ordered day one...they certainly had my $$$ and still charged me $20 for shipping

Hunter

NMH Records

yeah i had the same experience, i ordered day one...they certainly had my $$$ and still charged me $20 for shipping

they didnt charge you an extra twenty on top of what you had paid did they???

no, but the whole "how can we make this right?" coupled with my response of "a partial refund of shipping charges would be nice" followed by a package received 2 weeks later....i think they realized they had "forgotten" quite a few orders, for whatever reason, and didnt want to get in the habit of refunding anything. i dont blame them, but $20 postage is very high

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, so I just received my box set in the mail, after waiting the full 3 weeks, and there were no 7" to be found anywhere. I am in disbelief right now, and no clue what to do. 100+ might not be a lot for some people but for me that is a ton of scratch to throw down on a record set, and those 7" were a big reason why I ordered the set. I sent a couple emails to those addresses listed in this thread, anyone else have any other suggestions, anyone else's box missing records? This is bush, I'm so crushed right now.

Ok, so I just received my box set in the mail, after waiting the full 3 weeks, and there were no 7" to be found anywhere. I am in disbelief right now, and no clue what to do. 100+ might not be a lot for some people but for me that is a ton of scratch to throw down on a record set, and those 7" were a big reason why I ordered the set. I sent a couple emails to those addresses listed in this thread, anyone else have any other suggestions, anyone else's box missing records? This is bush, I'm so crushed right now.

keep sending emails - send them to bada-bing records. its not worth the boxset unless you have the 7's as well!!!!

• 8 months later...