New Found Glory-Nothing Gold Can Stay LP HT EXCL.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone be willing to pick me up a copy and ship it to Canada? Shipping from the HT site is $30 even for a single LP.

and it looks as if they do not even consider fixing international shipping.

why is it so difficult to purchase hot topic releases as a non-US resident?

oh well, there is ebay...I forgot. :-X

this also means DTR is loosening their grip on the licenses (between this and the Starting Line and Early November releases on ETR)...stoked at how many amazing albums will hopefully be done in the near future!

didn't drive-thru license this from eulogy? i would assume they(dtr) only had the license for however many they pressed at the time. but i'm not 100% on that

Travis, thanks for the kind words sir.

I'm not much of a message board guy but I figured I'd pop in to answer some of this stuff.

- Yes I'm just getting started so admittedly I'm behind on a proper website situation. My personal image has taken a backseat to ensuring the records audio/visual quality were top notch. Right now I am a one man army with Travis graciously sharing some info on this board.

-My intention with this label is to give the records that I loved growing up (grew up in New Jersey in the Drive Thru Hey-Day) a proper vinyl pressing at a fair cost. I am not interested in making a living off of this situation, at least not right now. I collect records and I wanted to pay homage to the ones that mean something to me. I won't even seek out a record until it had some impact on me personally. Would I love to own a label one day and try to break a new artist I'm interested in? Damn right I would. I'm a big fan of what MTS, ETR, American Dream and labels like that are doing. We seem to share the same passion. But I'm just dipping my toe in right now.

-I did my best to remaster this record for vinyl. I did not use the original plates. Of course no PMCD was available so I sat with a lacquer cutter friend of mine and tried to enhance this without taking away from its raw late 90's punk feel. Most people are familiar with this record's shortcomings, and hopefully find them endearing.

-I had to track down the original designer and pay him off to get a decent version of the files from the Drive Thru version of the CD (rather than an awful scanned/stretched image). I believe you will be happy with the result.

This record was licensed through Drive Thru who claim to have sole rights to the masters. I paid the mechanicals directly in order to..well, ensure they would be paid at all. I would accommodate whatever is necessary should DTR be in breach of any agreement whether existing or not.

Hope that sheds some light. I do hope to put more releases out but am in no rush to make a name for myself, but rather hope the records do the talking. Trying to keep it honest and transparent in the music industry...a tough find these days.

Thanks for the support.

-Joe

oh dear god no...

I said the same thing in my head after reading that part hahaha. Dude seems like he has his shit together, with that being said. PLEASE TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM ADR BUSINESS MODEL!

I don't know too much about him/them, but seemed like a decent dude from the Property of Zack interview. Apparently there's more to it. I just echoed the sentiments with putting good records out without cutting any corners.

I can safely say I won't be overextending myself here. I'm a fan first, so I'll keep it 100%.

I said the same thing in my head after reading that part hahaha. Dude seems like he has his shit together, with that being said. PLEASE TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM ADR BUSINESS MODEL!

I don't know too much about him/them, but seemed like a decent dude from the Property of Zack interview. Apparently there's more to it. I just echoed the sentiments with putting good records out without cutting any corners.

I can safely say I won't be overextending myself here. I'm a fan first, so I'll keep it 100%.

he said the exact same things and so far has been fucking up left and right

I know Travis said he would but can we get some pics up?

I don't know too much about him/them, but seemed like a decent dude from the Property of Zack interview. Apparently there's more to it. I just echoed the sentiments with putting good records out without cutting any cornersw.

Well he's at least got one already en route to retailers unlike ADR.

wonder how the guy who runs enjoy the ride feels about this. he's been trying to or has tried to license more drive thru albums but was shot down. wonder why richard said no to him but yes to this guy. he even was on the verge of pressing the midtown album, got tests done and then richard pulled the plug.

retailer, not retailerS. this is only going to hot topic, and it seems like he just used his friend as a connection to do so. neither this guy nor the guy who owns american dream have actual distribution.

retailer, not retailerS. this is only going to hot topic, and it seems like he just used his friend as a connection to do so. neither this guy nor the guy who owns american dream have actual distribution.

Hi Nips. Hot Topic is receiving the gold vinyl exclusively thanks to their excellent service and support of me as a customer and a vendor alike.

I work in music distribution and will be making a "fading gold" version (white with subtle gold marble) available to indie retail meaning the Amoebas, Graywhales, Bull Mooses (or moose..), Vintage vinyl, Newbury Comics, etc across the US in due time..should they want to bring it in (I am only one person). I suppose you could say actual distribution. ;)

But if you want to go for the gold, Hot Topic is where you'll find it.

It won't be repressed, at least not by this guy.