Thrice - Illusion of Safety question

avery

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my store has 'em for $9.98

what store is that?

if more people can confirm the black ones have the etching, i'll just save myself a bunch of money and get one of those.

also, glad you mentioned there's a sticker on the limited edition colored ones. i think that's what i saw in some google images, but they're so small, i couldn't read them and be sure.

my store has 'em for $9.98

what store is that?

if more people can confirm the black ones have the etching, i'll just save myself a bunch of money and get one of those.

also, glad you mentioned there's a sticker on the limited edition colored ones. i think that's what i saw in some google images, but they're so small, i couldn't read them and be sure.

Amoeba. I'll check when I get home tonight about the etching.

huh, ya, it sounds like it's not so consistent with the black copies. I picked a gold one up off amazon a couple days ago for a pretty penny (although definitely not the "couple hundred" some people were asking.

the guy who sold it to me had no idea it was etched until I asked him, too, haha.

Whoever was asking a couple hundred for it was definitely trying to gouge. It's never broken $100 on ebay.

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=illusion+of+safety

And as for an etching... who cares? Are you buying this to look at it or to listen to it?

i think it's fair to say everyone is interested in different things when it comes to collecting vinyl. personally, i want the trust lyrics etched on my record because i'm a giant fan of that song (as well as the band). you might not see that as a big deal and that's cool, just like i don't care for collecting every single variant something comes out on. so for thrice, i buy it to look at and to listen.

with every other musician though, i mostly only buy to listen.

as for the cost, i think some people are asking for a lot because:

1) they don't want to let it go unless it's for a giant profit

2) the new record's given the band some new/revived attention so people are capitalizing off that

i wanted it now, so i paid the guy who asked for the least and it was still a bit over the average on popsike, but oh well. it wasn't on an auction site so it's not going to screw up other peoples' reference for price setting.

Mine has "you could snap my neck" etched into the matrix on one side and "you could save my life" on the other.

is yours black or gold?

i'm just merely curious now.

• 3 months later...
I cant believe what the black copies are going for on ebay now. This use to go for like $10-$12 tops. Reminds of how From Here to Infirmary would go for around that same price and then one day the ebay prices just shot thru the roof for them.

This. The one that ended last night on ebay went from $22 to 60+ in the last hour.

REALLY!?