Texas Wildfires

I own a part of a family ranch north of Houston. Is it wrong I hope it burns so I can get some cash?

No, then u dont have to come to this god-forsaken state, or anywhere near houston for that matter. Its a win for you. Unless u like ranch type stuff and the place has a 3000+ sf home, livestock, and a bumper pool table.

update from the sheriffs this morning.

The Riley Road/Tri-County Fire has been deemed the #3 priority fire in Texas (#4 in the nation). A National Fire Management Team (California Incident Management Team #4) has arrived and will be working with State and Local Fire Service Officials to manage and extinguish this fire. This is the same type of team that came in for the Dyer Mill Fire in June, which at one point was the #1 priority fire in the nation. These teams are the best of the best in fire management and are a tremendous asset not only in expertise, but in obtaining necessary resources.

As of today, 21,600 acres have burned (total for Montgomery/Grimes/Waller Counties) during the Riley Road Fire. 9100 acres were lost in the past 24 hours. Containment percentage for the total fire is 25 percent. At this time, there are no fire line breaches or active flare-ups in Grimes County.