Apartment got broken into, WTB new laptop

imaminorthreat

First off, I know that this is not vinyl related. But I do see people post electronics on here from time to time... so fuck it.

My apartment got broken into yesterday. My roommates and I lost: 2 laptops, 1 digital camera, an xbox, assorted change and 400 bones in cash. The thieves passed on our respective record collections hahaha.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new laptop ASAP. I'm probably just gonna grab something cheap on new egg, but I figured I'd throw a post up on here because I've seen people selling laptops on here once or twice. Let me know if you've got somethin for sale. I'm not a gamer.... I basically use my laptop for movies, music, and surfing the internet.

I'd definitely be willing to throw some records in on the deal... my list is in my sig.

Thanks for any help you guys have. Fuck thieves.

while I've never dealt with them personally, I know that FreeGeekChicago (in Logan Square) sells uber-cheap (like $100) laptops running Ubuntu. presumably you could install Windows, although the specs are probably pretty low, but Ubuntu + VLC can def handle the 'movies, music, web' combo regardless.

figured I'd mention it..

My friend had his place broken into in Chicago also and had tons of electronics taken. It might be the same thieves for all I know.

EDIT: Was only about 3 miles away so it really could be. Similar situation too. A few younger people living together person came when everyone was gone and took primarily electronics.

It's entirely possible. Same day my break in happened my landlord told us one of his other properties had an attempted break in, but they got scared off because i tenant was home.

J4M35 - i'm in scenic humboldt park..... who's ever heard of a break in in humboldt park!?!? hahaha. but nah, this is the only problem i've ever had in this neighborhood. my apartment is great, the price is great, neighbors are rad.... even after the break in, i'm not considering moving any time soon.

cariac - thanks for the input, i'll check them out. my budget is pretty decent though 4-600... so i'll probably hit newegg.

Thanks everybody! I really am lucky overall in this situation. Laptops and cameras can be replaced. I'm glad none of my records got jacked hahaha.

J4M35 - i'm in scenic humboldt park..... who's ever heard of a break in in humboldt park!?!? hahaha. but nah, this is the only problem i've ever had in this neighborhood. my apartment is great, the price is great, neighbors are rad.... even after the break in, i'm not considering moving any time soon.

someone attempted to break into my garden apartment when i was living in logan square! luckily i was home so nothing was taken. scary shit. hopefully things work out for you man.