FEST SCHEDULE IS UP!

danalive

Also: This weekend was fucking amazing. It was my seventh Fest in a row, and I'd say it's up there in the top two/three I've done. So many good people, so few morons (that I encountered, at least), so much good music and friendship and other mushy bullshit. Thanks to everyone for being rad.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who played the Holiday Inn show on Sunday?

-Bomb The Music Industry! as the Weakerthans

-The Flatliners as Rocket From The Crypt

-Comadre as At The Drive-In

-Arteries as AC/DC

Dirty Tactics were supposed to play a set as the Replacements, too, but they bailed for some reason.

Ah fuck man I should've went! Oh well.

Who played the Holiday Inn show on Sunday?

-Arteries as AC/DC

Dirty Tactics were supposed to play a set as the Replacements, too, but they bailed for some reason.

Only stayed for the BTMI! Weakerthans set, but it was still fun. Surprised they didn't play last. Also I can't believe how fast 40 boxes of pizza were devoured, haha.

"well-behaved women seldom make history" -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I went back and forth about this a lot, but after researching it wasn't able to find a clear answer as to who actually said it, so I went with the one that allowed the New Deal tag. The point works for both though. I've worked on adding a bit about Thatcher Ulrich's connection to the quote, but frankly it's already nerdy.

-Arteries as AC/DC

Only stayed for the BTMI! Weakerthans set, but it was still fun. Surprised they didn't play last. Also I can't believe how fast 40 boxes of pizza were devoured, haha.

Haha, you and me both! I made sure the pies got delivered, then walked away for about 5 minutes to check on something and by the time I came back, all the empty boxes were stacked up against the wall. This was one of many factors contributing to my largely liquid-only diet on Sunday until I finally ate a Snickers bar at, like, 3:30 a.m. (which did very little to absorb all the PBR and Jameson I had consumed in the line of duty).

Polar Bear Club was nuts on Friday. Loved HWM's set as well.

My favorites of Saturday were probably RVIVR and Iron Chic. Back-to-back awesome. Against Me! played some great songs, but I was expecting a bit of a different setlist. A little disappointed there. (Admittedly, AM! was a big part of what pushed me from "I wanna go to Fest" to "I'm gonna go to Fest" this year)

Dear Landlord was great on Sunday, and I liked what I caught of Mikey Erg's set. Junior Battles were also really good.

Missed a lot of the bands I wanted to catch in the smaller clubs. Definitely underestimated how early to show up, and had a hard time getting into them. Overall for my first time at the Fest, I feel shit went pretty well.

Also, Scott, were you outside the Holiday Inn at one point (I think Sunday) singing Alkaline Trio? I thought I saw someone who looked like you, but I was on the other side of the lot waiting for my hotel's minivan shuttle, so I really couldn't tell.

Polar Bear Club was nuts on Friday. Loved HWM's set as well.

My favorites of Saturday were probably RVIVR and Iron Chic. Back-to-back awesome. Against Me! played some great songs, but I was expecting a bit of a different setlist. A little disappointed there. (Admittedly, AM! was a big part of what pushed me from "I wanna go to Fest" to "I'm gonna go to Fest" this year)

Dear Landlord was great on Sunday, and I liked what I caught of Mikey Erg's set. Junior Battles were also really good.

Missed a lot of the bands I wanted to catch in the smaller clubs. Definitely underestimated how early to show up, and had a hard time getting into them. Overall for my first time at the Fest, I feel shit went pretty well.

Also, Scott, were you outside the Holiday Inn at one point (I think Sunday) singing Alkaline Trio? I thought I saw someone who looked like you, but I was on the other side of the lot waiting for my hotel's minivan shuttle, so I really couldn't tell.

I definitely was singing "Olde English 800" outside the Holiday Inn with some friends on Sunday night! Next time say hi!

Hah, thought so. Hopefully next year I'll better be able to meet up with and say hi to people. My phone died before I even hit my hotel on Friday morning, and I was a dumbass and forgot my charger, so any hopes of meeting up with anybody over the weekend were dashed pretty early on.

was my favorite part.

"well-behaved women seldom make history" -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I went back and forth about this a lot, but after researching it wasn't able to find a clear answer as to who actually said it, so I went with the one that allowed the New Deal tag. The point works for both though. I've worked on adding a bit about Thatcher Ulrich's connection to the quote, but frankly it's already

nerdy.

gotcha, awesome performance by the way. "trust fund crusties"

was my favorite part.

I went back and forth about this a lot, but after researching it wasn't able to find a clear answer as to who actually said it, so I went with the one that allowed the New Deal tag. The point works for both though. I've worked on adding a bit about Thatcher Ulrich's connection to the quote, but frankly it's already

nerdy.

gotcha, awesome performance by the way. "trust fund crusties"

Thanks a ton dude. I really want to work Ulrich back in somehow, but working out material in TN isn't really the best way to figure that out.