Westerns

I'm a huge fan of Westerns, curious if anyone else is. Share your favorites.

I just re-watched Once Upon a Time in the West today and think Charles Bronson is amazing, much better than in the Magnificent Seven.

Here are my Favorites:

1. The Wild Bunch

2. High Noon

3. The Searchers

4. Once Upon a Time in the West

5. The Man With No Name Trilogy

6. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

7. Unforgiven

(I'll continue if anyone else has a love for the genre)

Of the past 10 years or so I like The Assassination of Jesse James and True Grit. I thought the remake of 3:10 to Yuma was ridiculously superficial.

how could you forget BLAZING SADDLES?

also:

Young Guns

Fistful of Dollars

Tombstone

The GOod, The Bad, and the Ugly

the rest of yours are part of my faves too. especially "once upon..." and "the wild bunch".

that's all i can think off the top of my head

I've never considered Blazing Saddles - great movie.

Fistful and Good, The Bad and the Ugly are all part of the Man with No Name Trilogy along with For A Few Dollars More.

I re-watched Tombstone recently and was floored by how shoddy parts of it are. Pretty good film and very entertaining but I don't put it in the same class. Young Guns and Young Guns 2 were fun, I'll watch them any lazy Saturday that they're on Cable.

I should add to my list:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The Magnificent Seven

Rio Bravo

The Outlaw Josey Wales

I'd toss Tombstone below these but it would eventually rank if I made an actual best of list.

^^^^

Indeed. I can't put my finger on it but there was something really unsatisfying about the end which is my only ding against an otherwise great show.

Another film I consider a Western that I've enjoyed: Four Brothers. It is set in Detroit but takes the whole Cowboy approach. It is essentially an updated take on a Western much like all the modernized Shakespeare films of the past 15 years.

how could you forget BLAZING SADDLES?

also:

Young Guns

Fistful of Dollars

Tombstone

The GOod, The Bad, and the Ugly

the rest of yours are part of my faves too. especially "once upon..." and "the wild bunch".

that's all i can think off the top of my head

The Good the Bad and The Ugly got me into westerns big time. I loved the music. Ennio Morricone is the mastermind behind western music. The Appaloosa (Marlon Brando one) and High Noon are two of my other favs.

Has anyone seen "Sukiyaki Western Django?" It's a English-language, Japanese, Western film, with Tanrantino in it and it's pretty crazy. Definitely worth checking out
I think about picking this up every time I go to the local used media store. I may actually have to pick it up next time I'm in there.