DEFTONES "The Vinyl Collection 1995-2011" box set

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is claiming BSM due to 653.

Whoops, thanks. That went right over my head. So they're seriously numbered 000---?

No worries. I was in the wrong. People are getting them now.

I didn't realize that a) Will Haven was still together and B) that anyone appreciated them. Saw them a few times when the first Rev LP came out. Decent guys too (from what you can learn about some dudes crashing on your floor for a couple nights almost 15 years ago). I'll have to check this out.

They were on and off for a while but now Grady is back and things are good. They're all damn good dudes for sure, especially Mitch. They have some newer members now including a dude that used to play in Slipknot (lol). Check out the new album for sure.

Edit - Very upset I couldn't buy the box set, especially since they're already showing up. Such is life, I'll get one down the road.

I didn't realize that a) Will Haven was still together and B) that anyone appreciated them. Saw them a few times when the first Rev LP came out. Decent guys too (from what you can learn about some dudes crashing on your floor for a couple nights almost 15 years ago). I'll have to check this out.

They were on and off for a while but now Grady is back and things are good. They're all damn good dudes for sure, especially Mitch. They have some newer members now including a dude that used to play in Slipknot (lol). Check out the new album for sure.

Edit - Very upset I couldn't buy the box set, especially since they're already showing up. Such is life, I'll get one down the road.

now if we can get a Will Haven show in MN again. they canceled with Skinlab with Jaworski on vocals and we never got a makeup show. jerks! would be nice to see them again.

wtf is Slipknot dude doing playing bass in Will Haven? haha. i guess Slipknot did tour with Will Haven way back around Carpe Diem. crazy!

i would totally buy The Hierophant on vinyl too if it happened.

now if we can get a Will Haven show in MN again. they canceled with Skinlab with Jaworski on vocals and we never got a makeup show. jerks! would be nice to see them again.

wtf is Slipknot dude doing playing bass in Will Haven? haha. i guess Slipknot did tour with Will Haven way back around Carpe Diem. crazy!

i would totally buy The Hierophant on vinyl too if it happened.

I don't know if you saw my earlier post but I e-mailed Bieler Bros and they said they're working on getting the new Haven album on vinyl. It'd be cool to see Hierophant too.

I'm spoiled as shit when it comes to Will Haven shows. I've seen them probably 25 times now.

The Will Haven guys actually became good friends with Chris on that Shitknot tour from way back. He's actually a damn cool dude even though I hate Shitknot with a passion. Another plus is that it may finally get WHVN some more popularity outside Sac due to him being "well known." They're pretty big overseas so at least they got that going for them.

I've gotten a chance to spend about an hour with my set now. Photos to come. First impression after sampling a few songs here and there from each disc (except WP) is that this thing sounds freakin' excellent. My fears of a single LP SNW have been firmly put to rest. It sounds phenomenal and I'm thinking possibly better than the original 2XLP. The tonal characteristics of these discs is thick and dense. You can feel the weight of the bass and kick drums very intensely. The quality of the vinyl in a material sense is off the charts. Those Europeans sure know how to manufacture plastic! :P Anyway, I hope that the HT exclusive SNW has the same or a comparable level of sound quality to the version in this set. I only wish this level of quality and care had been present in the individual issues/reissues. Not that they are terrible but I felt the May '11 release of ATF was a bit lackluster and somewhat hollow sounding.

Complaints: My box has a 1cm-ish blemish on the front left lower side. Not the end of the world though. There's a weird scuff on side A of Covers that looks like a scratch but when the section is played, there are no audible problems. So still not a big deal. I would have liked a slightly higher quality jacket on each of these. Still not a deal breaker. No "Damone" and no "Fist" which sucks but I pretty much expected it.

Overall: I'm happy with it. Worthy investment.