Black Friday 2011 Releases

Just got an email back from vintage vinyl and pre orders can be shipped. There are different rules to this event then RSD, so they can take pre orders as long as they don't ship before the 25th.

alright cool that makes sense, i'll still be able to pick them up on the 25th. can't wait till they put up the Type O box, i think thats the best RSD item this black friday

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah.... where is this silversun pickups vinyl? i checked vintagevinyl.com and they only had the Pikul EP. What vinyl is coming out on Black Friday. Rebecca Black Friday.

its B-sides from Swoon and if you would have checked the black friday section you would have saw it

oh, i see. i just used the search option and nothing came up.

can't wait till they put up the Type O box, i think thats the best RSD item this black friday

Yeah, I'm pretty stoked for this one. Happy I passed on the Deftones box, so I can pick this one up. I've been wanting to get October Rust and World Coming Down on vinyl for awhile.

same here, i'm only missing SNW so why bother with the box set.

i have never gotten around to getting any Type O records so i'm super excited.

So what's the deal?

You order with one of these sites and you're guaranteed the records or is it just a crapshoot?

I can just see myself ordering from a site and then not getting something at a store thinking I'm getting it in the mail and then having it not come from the webstore and miss out altogether.

Anyone have any experience with RSD preorders from these sites?

I ordered from Strictly Discs last RSD, and it was a good experience overall. But you're right, you aren't guaranteed to get everything you want. It's all first come first serve. You make a "request list" online and they send you what they can. They notify you that day on what you get. I put in an order last year for maybe 8 releases, to give you an idea, I didn't get The White Stripes 7" or Big Star's Third but I got Deftone's Covers and that Tron 10", among a few others. It can be hit or miss but it works for me.

Just got an email back from vintage vinyl and pre orders can be shipped. There are different rules to this event then RSD, so they can take pre orders as long as they don't ship before the 25th.

I pre-ordered The Black Keys Brothers set last Black Friday RSD from Vintage Vinyl and they shipped it the day of Black Friday. If I remember correctly, I received the set the next day - granted, I live in NJ about 45 min away from the store.

Is this also going to be as big as the original Record Store Day in terms of there being online deals as well? I mean, this year Hellfish, No Sleep, and a couple other labels had great exclusives / limited / test pressings available earlier this year for RSD. Any speculation that this may happen this time around?

this will likely be the 180-gram black version if the release date says december.

little update for those ordering from Vintage Vinyl

if you want to pre-order these but want to pick them up at the store, select international shipping which is priced at $0.00 and leave a note telling them your gonna pick them up.

if you are in the US and just simply want them shipped select the $5.99 option