What's up with the new ebay payment delay?

patron

I sold a bunch of records last night and now Ebay says that payment is being delayed 21 days. It supposed to protect buyers from getting screwed over, but all it's doing is making me pay my ebay fees and shipping cost out of my own pocket.

https://cms.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/ebay_payments_learn_more

"Why aren’t my funds available as soon as my buyers pay?

Here are the most common reasons why:

You have a Below Standard seller rating on eBay

You have a limited selling history on eBay, which means that any of the following are true:

It's been less than 90 days since your first successful sale on eBay, or

You've made 25 or fewer sales transactions on eBay, or

You've sold less than $250 on eBay"

None of these things are true. I sell stuff on ebay because of the increased hits. It makes the fees worth paying, but this is bullshit.

i used to have this happen, and then when i made 10 more transactions with my current bank account/paypal it was fine.

i recently switched to another bank and now its doing it again, im pissed because i only sold something because i needed the money right then, and now i have to wait until halloween to get it.

I love selling on discogs-- sadly though the traffic rate is much lower so stuff tends to sit. and sit.. and sit.....

Which I think is kind of great since the site's far more apt for deals to be found. Records just sitting there also tends to psych out certain sellers so if I see something's been around for several months, I usually shoot them a lower offer and they often times accept it.

Yeah, I've had this problem with eBay somewhat too. Usually if you print the shipping label, you can get it out within hours. The 21 days is only if there's no type of shipping/tracking info.

Can't print the label from eBay without an America shipping address, and the cost of a tracking number via Canada Post throws my shipping prices out of whack. Had I known about this I could have charged more, but I already lose $1-3 on shipping each time to stay competitive.

Yeah, I've had this problem with eBay somewhat too. Usually if you print the shipping label, you can get it out within hours. The 21 days is only if there's no type of shipping/tracking info.

not anymore apparently, i printed my shipping label through ebay, got signature conformation, insurance and delivery conformation and i still havent got my money yet

I love selling on discogs-- sadly though the traffic rate is much lower so stuff tends to sit. and sit.. and sit.....

Which I think is kind of great since the site's far more apt for deals to be found. Records just sitting there also tends to psych out certain sellers so if I see something's been around for several months, I usually shoot them a lower offer and they often times accept it.

Good for the buyer absolutely. Reality is that the site still is way more popular outside of the US than in. It started as all electronic music too so that contributes to its relatively obscure place on the web. Kind of like the out-of-the-way record store that no one knows about.

• 2 weeks later...