New Beavis & Butthead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrR1_EDK0jY

So, it's definitely not summer anymore, but it seems that the new series starts this week. I'm super stoked. Mike Judge rules, but the show could be a flop I guess. I'm sure the current generation has more than enough material for them to go on about, so I'm not too worried about it sucking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Those are my thoughts. What are yours?

The commentary on music video's will be worth watching the show alone.

If only this could give the push for other classic MTV stuff like Daria or (longshot) Liquid Television to come back. I was too young for Beavis and Butthead and LT and I was just barely a teenager when Daria was in its prime, so I had to catch up on all of it long after the shows were off the air. It'd be nice to see that stuff have a fresh run with new episodes for folks who've never seen them before.

i had some maxx comics, and some old liquid televion tapes with maxx shorts. i kinda thought it lost some of the flavor when they started making full episodes, but it's still a great character and a great show.

I thought that exact same thing about Aeon Flux. I loved the shorts but when they started doing a long reaching story arc over the course of multiple episodes, it got lost on me. I have the DVD set and still love watching it for the animation, but the plotlines give me a headache.

The commentary on music video's will be worth watching the show alone.

If only this could give the push for other classic MTV stuff like Daria or (longshot) Liquid Television to come back. I was too young for Beavis and Butthead and LT and I was just barely a teenager when Daria was in its prime, so I had to catch up on all of it long after the shows were off the air. It'd be nice to see that stuff have a fresh run with new episodes for folks who've never seen them before.

I was definitely too young for Beavis & Butthead, but I spent a lot of time watching it anyways with my brother and dad. I've watched it since, so I have more of an understand now of what that show meant than I did before. I have a better memory of Daria and I would also like to see her triumphant return. I've been working on getting all the DVD's of those old MTV shows since I might not have grown up on these shows and that channel in the same way others have (even though I still DID grow up on a steady diet of MTV and it's programming.).

Yeah for sure, I can understand that. If I ever run across a reasonably priced bootleg set of the series with all of the music intact, I'm sure I'd get it. It's funny because there are points in the episodes where you can clearly hear them putting a generic guitar riff or something else in that's clearly imitating what was originally there (them using the main riff from 'Damnit' for example).

i had some maxx comics, and some old liquid televion tapes with maxx shorts. i kinda thought it lost some of the flavor when they started making full episodes, but it's still a great character and a great show.

I thought that exact same thing about Aeon Flux. I loved the shorts but when they started doing a long reaching story arc over the course of multiple episodes, it got lost on me. I have the DVD set and still love watching it for the animation, but the plotlines give me a headache.

i agree, aeon was never ment to speak, and was supposed to die at the end of each episode.

changing both of those elements ruined the show for me.

i agree, aeon was never ment to speak, and was supposed to die at the end of each episode.

changing both of those elements ruined the show for me.

'

Honestly, I've only watched the clips all the way through multiple times. I've watched the first few of the longer episodes and couldn't deal with it.